Can't Wait Wednesday #10, The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Bradley



Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa over at WishfulEndings. She has taken on a similar meme to Jills Waiting on Wednesday over at Breaking the Spine. Since Jill hasn't posted in a while I'm going to join in on this meme. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week.


Expected Publication: October 3, 2017 

If you guys didn't know I read the first book in this series last year and absolutely loved it. It was a great children's historical fiction. I had no idea that the author was publishing a second book so when I saw this on Goodreads I just knew I had to get my hands on it. I hope that it's just as good as the first one and I'm more than excited to see these characters again. 


When Ada’s clubfoot is surgically fixed at last, she knows for certain that she’s not what her mother said she was—damaged, deranged, crippled mentally as well as physically. She’s not a daughter anymore, either. What is she?

World War II continues, and Ada and her brother, Jamie, are living with their loving legal guardian, Susan, in a borrowed cottage on the estate of the formidable Lady Thorton—along with Lady Thorton herself and her daughter, Maggie. Life in the crowded cottage is tense enough, and then, quite suddenly, Ruth, a Jewish girl from Germany, moves in. A German? The occupants of the house are horrified. But other impacts of the war become far more frightening. As death creeps closer to their door, life and morality during wartime grow more complex. Who is Ada now? How can she keep fighting? And who will she struggle to save?

Share:

7 comments:

  1. Cool cover. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book before, but it looks interesting!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting read. It's completely new to me so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete