Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Bought/Borrowed For Hype


Happy Tuesday Everyone! I hope that everyone is doing well and staying safe. Clearly I have been absent from the blog due to a pretty hectic schedule and then the pandemic. I thought I would make a reappearance by participating in another Top 10 Tuesday. It's actually been a while since I've joined in on one of these. It's now being hosted over at The Artsy Reader Girl. This weeks theme was "Books I Bought/Borrowed...." I decided to go for the "hyped" as my category because I'm always guilty of borrowing or buying books for the hype. Check out my 10 below: 



 The Wrath and the Dawn. I remember when this book first became popular in the bookish community. It was marketed so well and I must admit that Ahdieh did an amazing job considering this was her debut novel. Surprisingly, I haven't had the urge to continue the duology. My True Love Gave to Me. Yikes. This came out around the time that anthologies became a thing in the YA community. The stories definitely were not created equally. Food Wars. If you know me then you know that this was the best "hyped-book" decision that I have ever made. I absolutely loved this series. It got me through a really difficult time and it's definitely a comfort read.




The Raven Boys. This book, no, this series is so popular among YA readers. It took me a while to get the urge to read the first book and then when I did pick it up IT WAS SO SLOW. While I believe that Stiefvater exemplifies her brilliant writing skills in this series, I do believe that it is a series for those who love character development instead of plot development.  Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. Worth ALL of the hype. If you have never read this book I would definitely recommend picking it up soon. Shadow and Bone. This first in a dynamic and complex series, I didn't pick this book up until it became required reading for a library school class. I loved every single page and I hope to continue the series this year.



Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I owned this book for years because it was so popular in the Booktube community; however, it took me until 2019 to actually pick it up. While I enjoyed it, I still don't get all the hype and I'm not really pressed on finishing the series anytime soon. Beautiful Darkness. Believe it or not this was such a popular OG Booktube book when paranormal books were all the craze. I finished the entire series and thought it was okay. It definitely has a lot of the typical teenage angst. Mistborn. The hype is real! Read this book! I haven't even finished the series and I'm so glad that I believed in the hype and decided to buy and read it.


The Hate U Give. I mean who hasn't bought into the hype of this book? It's worth and deserves every single praise that it receives. Read it now.

What books have you bought/borrowed because of hype? Have you been disappointed? Let me know in the comments below.
Share:

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, The Hate U Give was amazing. It's a great example of a book that was hyped up for excellent reasons.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing Shadow and Bone on a lot of lists today. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/04/ttt-040720.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought My True Love Gave to Me based on the hype, too. I don't even typically enjoy short stories! Haha. But you're right about the quality being all over the place. Some I enjoyed but some just totally missed the mark for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I ended up selling mine or giving it away because I didn't even think it was worth keeping haha!

      Delete
  4. I'm not much for sci fi/fantasy, but I do love the Mistborn books. Sanderson is a master at creating amazing worlds, isn't he?

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the opportunity to read a lot of great YA books that I missed out on when I was in library school as well.

    Check out my TTT and my review of Titan's Day by Dan Stout

    ReplyDelete