The Friday 56, #1: Half-Blood

The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Join in every Friday and share an excerpt from the book you've been reading. Here are the rules: 


  • Grab a book, any book
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) that grab you 
  • Post it

** Be sure to post the link to your Friday 56 in the comments below!


Happy Reading!




"Most half's had no idea what is was like. Sure, they mingled in the outside world -- mingled being the key word--but they were never part of it , not for any amount of time." 


I'm liking this book so far because it gives an interesting take to the concept of Greek mythology. This quote really captures how the half-bloods do not fit in in their own world or the mortal world. I hope to finish this book by the either this evening or tomorrow morning. 

Synopsis:

The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, ad the children of two hematoi---pure-bloods--have godlike powers. Children of hematoi and mortals--well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of pures.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets. But she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:

Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.

Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the covenant and become a sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon and being hunted by Aiden.

And that would kind of suck.
Share:

14 comments:

  1. I've actually read Half Blood a long time ago, so it's kind of nice seeing it again. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I'm enjoying it so far so hopefully I'll get to the rest of the series soon.

      Delete
  2. I'm always looking for more books with Greek Mythology in them. I didn't know that was a theme in this book. Will be checking it out now.

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/11/27/the-friday-56-86-the-dead-girls-of-hysteria-hall/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking about doing a recommendations post about books with Greek mythology or mythology in general! Be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read this. It's fast approaching the top of my TBR. My 56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check it out as soon as you can! It's pretty good.

      Delete
  4. I recently bought this but haven't got around to reading it yet. I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good so far! I should have a review up really soon! I'm more than half way through.

      Delete
  5. Very intriguing snippet! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jennifer L. Armentrout! She's such a fun author! Unfortunately, my library doesn't Half Blood or any of the others in the series so I'm slowly but surely buying them. Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope you have had a good weekend and you enjoy the series!

      Delete
  7. Jennifer L. Armentrout has been on my radar for quite some time now. I really need to try one of her books. =) I look forward to your review of Half-blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Try her stuff out! You just might like it. :)

      Delete