Friday #56, #16 Our 50 States by Lynne Cheney, Robin Preiss Glasser (Illustrator)


The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's VoiceJoin in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:


  • Grab a book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!



Happy Reading!




So this week I decided to do something a little different. I'm currently attempting to read a lot more picture books and I'm becoming a huge advocate to for them to be read by people of all ages. The picture book I'm currently reading is a non-fiction book about all 50 states. It is extremely intricate and gives so many facts and information related to that state including people, information about it's founding, famous sites, etc. It's an extremely informative book for children and includes various facts that even I wasn't aware of. As my Friday #56 I decided to include several pictures of the book. I hope you enjoy it and that it encourages you to pick up more picture books even non-fiction picture books which usually contain wonderful pictures as well as great information. 


Listening to her grandchildren's enthusiastic account of all they saw and did on a family road trip inspired Lynne Cheney to collaborate with Robin Preiss Glasser and create Our 50 States -- the greatest family vacation imaginable. Pack your bags and celebrate our diverse heritage state by state and sea to shining sea in this treasure trove of America's people, places, and history.

A scholar of American history, Mrs. Cheney has drawn on a lifetime of study and travel for Our 50 States. Robin Preiss Glasser has brought her inimitable wit and exuberance to every illustration. Together they have created a joyful book that reminds us how fortunate we are to call America our home.
Share:

6 comments:

  1. I adore picture books and enjoy them as much as any child! It takes me back and reminds me how much I loved opening the next new read:)

    My Friday 56 from Scar Tissue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! Glad someone else agrees with me haha! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great book on America's history! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it goes into a good amount of detail! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete