Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite Books of 2017

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is Tuesday so you know that means another Top 10 Tuesday! This week we are focusing on our 10 favorite books of the year so far. I won't list mine in any particular order, but these are books that have received 4 or 5 stars from me this year. It was hard to pick out just 10 considering that I've already read 100 books this year. Sit back and keep reading to find out which ones did make it to my top 10.


A Monster Calls. This was one of the few books this year that actually made me cry. I won't say anything about it because it's one of those books that's great if you go into it with no prior knowledge. (Review). Salt to the Sea. A phenomenal historical fiction book. Oh my goodness. It definitely gave me a different perspective of WWII. Amina's Voice. One of the best #ownvoices books I've read this year. It's a children's book, but I highly recommend it. (Review)


Fangirl. This was one of my biggest surprises of the year. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. I don't know if I would read Carry On because I didn't really enjoy the Simon and Baz parts of the book, but I did love the main storyline which was completely exciting. Masterminds. I don't typically like dystopians, but Gordon Korman can write a good book. This is definitely another children's book worth reading. Food Wars. I could have put down each volume that I've read so far this year; however, I just chose one. If you know me then you know I'm a huge fan of food wars.


How Dare the Sun Rise. I received this one as an e-arc and I really enjoyed it. It's a heartbreaking tale, but very empowering and insightful (Review). American Street. All I can say is that if you haven't picked up this book then you definitely need to. It's a great immigration story and I absolutely loved it when I read it (Review). The Hate U Give. I LOVE this book. It was amazing. Best book of 2017. Hands down (Review).
 I Hate Fairyland. This was easily the funniest book of 2017. I loved every page and every drawing. It couldn't possible get any better (Review).
Share:

10 comments:

  1. I love Fangirl and A Monster Calls. I still need to read Salt to the Sea and THUG. Hopefully I’ll get to them soon. Great list!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I hope you enjoy them when you get to them because they definitely are amazing.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I really need to read the rest of Food Wars!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to them as soon as you can ! It's such a great series.

      Delete
  4. A Monster Calls... such a beautifully done book. So emotional and touching. I really do like everything I've read from Patrick Ness. He's a terrific author. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen Amina's Voice here and there, but don't know too much about it. Glad yo see you enjoyed it. Is it middle grade? I don't mind reading middle grade book. I often find them to be wonderfully charming and complex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Monster Calls is a book everyone seems to read and love. I've got to get on the Patrick Ness train!

    I was listening to the audiobook for the Hate U Give and was loving it! And then I had to return it before I could finish it :( I'm eagerly waiting for my hold to come in!

    ReplyDelete