Addicted After All (Addicted, #3) by Krista and Becca Ritchie


Publication: October 31st, 2014 
# of Pages: 457
Source: Purchased E-book 



Prepare for the worst. 

That’s what Lily and Lo try to do when Jonathan Hale schedules an “important” meeting. The problem: after being swept into the public eye and battling their addictions, they’re not sure what the worst is anymore. 

In a sea of many changes—including Ryke & Daisy living with them—Lily realizes that the best part of her fluctuating hormones might just be the worst. 

Her sex drive is out of control. 

Loren knows that she’s insatiable, but he’s not giving up on her. She’s too much a part of him. And as he carries more and more responsibility, some of the people that he loves doubt his resolve. 

In the conclusion to their love story, Lily & Lo stand side-by-side to fight, one last time, for their happily ever after. 


I can't believe the journey with these books is over! I started reading the Addicted series last year on the recommendation of a booktuber that I follow and I'm so glad that I actually decided to pick the first book up. Although I'm not finished with the complete series,  it was nice to see that Lily and Lo's story wrapped up so nicely. After everything that these two have been through, they finally got their happily ever after. 

Please be aware that this is the 3rd and final book in the series and the 7th book in the entire storyline so there may be spoilers in this review. 

In starting this book I got a feeling of anxiousness. I knew it was the last book in the Addicted series so I was really curious to discover in which ways were Krista and Becca going to wrap up the story about Lily and Lo. I must say they did a brilliant job especially with the number of issues each character had walking into this book. Lily was still struggling with figuring out how to balance her sex addiction with being a new mother and Lo was trying to figure out how to become the leader of his dad's company without it breaking his sobriety. They struggle and they mess up, but this is what makes these books so real. By no means is any aspect of their addictions romanticized. Even when the novel is said and done, Lo and Lily still realize that they will always be addicts, but they refuse to allow their addictions to define who they are as people which I find incredibly beautiful. As an individual who still suffers from destructive behaviors, it's nice to read a novel where they are not glorified, but written in a manner that makes them understandable and approachable for people from all walks of life. 

I truly believe my favorite aspect of this novel was definitely watching Lily and Lo become parents. Although I know this aspect of the book isn't necessarily peoples favorite, it really was something that I adored and admired about them as individuals. I never really understood the saying that "having a child changes people," but watching Lily and Lo become parents definitely brought meaning and life to that statement. They were both so fearful of being addicts and becoming parents; however, they fought so hard to become great parents for Moffy. I don't think they will be perfect parents, but knowing that they are addicts trying to change their lives for their son really spoke to my heart. 

Last, but definitely not least it was definitely great to see the development of the friendships amongst all the characters. I really love the bromance between Connor and Lo. It was so great to see their ups and downs and finally hear Connor admit that he loves Lo especially considering that Connor has a difficult time admitting that he loves anyone. This was just a beautiful book and I really enjoyed reading it. It took me a while because I would pick it up whenever I could, but it definitely was worth the read. If you're interested in a new adult romance series that is brilliantly written, I would definitely recommend checking this one out. 


Share:

2 comments:

  1. Great review, Ashley. Krista and Becca just released Damaged Like Us, the first book in a spin-off series yesterday. It focuses on an all-grown-up Maximoff Hale. I can't wait to dive in! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I didn't realize that came out already! I need to hurry up and finish the series!

      Delete