January Challenge Check-In

Okay! So I decided that with each month of this year I will do a challenge check in! I want to thoroughly keep up with every challenge this year so in addition to doing a monthly wrap-up I will be working to keep you guys updated with all the challenges I have going on. So let's go ahead and get started:


#NetflixsandBook Challenge



So the Netflix & Book Challenge is hosted by Novel Ink and Bookmark It and in order to track my progress for this challenge they actually have a point system. I haven't been able to read any of the books I set on my TBR; however, I have been able to watch a lot of the TV shows that I set on my "to be watched" list.  According to the challenge link I get 20 points for completed seasons of 1 hour shows and 10 points for 30 minute shows.

Here the shows I completed as of the moment that I'm writing this post:

  • The Hills - Season 1: 10 points (review
  • The Hills - Season 2: 10 points 
  • Drop Dead Diva - Season 3: 20 points 
  • Drop Dead Diva - Season 4: 20 points 
  • Drop Dead Diva - Season 5: 20 points 
I also did the Netflix & Books Tag here so that awarded me another 20 points. 

So far I have a total of 100 points for this challenge and I'm really enjoying. For the upcoming month I'll probably be finishing up Drop Dead Diva & The Hills. I also want to get to started on some of the books I have listed. 





I'm doing really well with this challenge. I'm simply following along with the monthly challenges/themes and in January we were supposed to read a book that contained diverse folklore. I ended up finishing the book Starry River of the Sky by Grace Lin. Next month I'll be reading One Crazy Summer for POC main character. 

Total: 1/12
Pop Sugar Challenge

The Pop Sugar Challenge is probably the most difficult challenge I'll be participating in this year. There are a lot of different categories and quite a few of them are outside of my comfort zone. Here are the books I completed for the challenge this month: 

Each will have a goodreads review. If I wrote a full-length review on my blog it will state so by the title of the book. 

Total: 4/63


This is one of my favorite challenges and I committed myself to reading 52 comics and manga this year; although, I know I will be reading a lot more. Here is what I've read so far:


Each will have a goodreads review. If I wrote a full-length review on my blog it will state so by the title of the book. 
Total: 5/52


I've been making great progress on this challenge. Picture books are definitely quick reads; however, the challenges make them a little difficult, but I'm excited to continue my journey to completely these 102 books!

Some will have a goodreads review. If I wrote a full-length review on my blog it will state so by the title of the book. 

Total: 12/102
Share:

1 comment:

  1. Wooo, you're off to a great start so far! My month was definitely more TV-oriented than I expected, so hopefully I can tackle the TBR soon! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete