A Month in Review: January 2017



Happy Tuesday everbody! This month has been a really good month for me in terms of reading, blogging, and making YouTube videos! I can't believe the first month of 2017 is coming to a close already! With that being said, I'm excited to see what February has in store. 

Keep reading to see what I've written this month, what I've read, and some statistics! : ) 

Books Read

Here are a list of books that I read this month: 
  • Sink or Swim (Whatever After #3)
  • Monstress Vol. 1
  • The Man Who Walked Between The Towers
  • Sugar & Spice (L.A. Candy, #3)
  • Dream On (Whatever After, #4)
  • The Walked Dead, Vol. 3
  • Good Night, Mouse
  • 1, 2 Buckle My Shoe
  • Blackout
  • A Splendid Friend Indeed
  • The Wicked + The Divine, Vol. 4
  • The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #4)
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1
  • My Brilliant Friend (Neapolitan Novels, #1)
  • If You Give A Pig A Pancake
  • A Monster Calls
  • Salt to the Sea
  • Bad Hair Day (Whatever After, #5)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales, Vol. 3
  • You Can't Touch My Hair
  • Are You An Echo?
  • Du Iz Tak
  • Starry River of the Sky 
  • From Head to Toe
  • Owen 
  • My Friend Rabbit 



Okay so I haven't done this before, but I was really interested in looking at the statics affiliated with what I read this so far this year and I've broken in down into several categories including genre of the books, origin of the author, and the number of total pages read. Keep reading to check out some of the charts I came up with. 


This first graph is a look at the origin of the authors I've read. I'm trying to push myself to be more diverse in my reading and choice of authors so I decided to start looking at the origin of the authors I'm reading. So far I'm still reading more authors from the US more than anything. I'm hoping to change that in the future. 


So I read all over the place this month and I'm happy I did! I want to increase the number of adult and non-fiction books I read each month though. I think that would round out my reading nicely. 


For the most part I gave books this month either 3 or 4 stars. I'm not surprised considering that's how I usually rate my books whenever I'm reading. I was lucky to actually read 3 5-star books this month. That rarely ever happens. 


This month I also read a total of 3695 pages which is great! Let me know in the comments how the month of January went for you guys. 

Share:

2 comments:

  1. WOWSERS, you did awesome!! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you read quite a lot this month! I love a good graphic and all of these are amazing. Hope you have a wonderful February!

    ReplyDelete