Waiting on Wednesday #9: Karma Khullar's Mustache by Kristi Wientgi


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This is my first time participating in this meme, but I've seen it across so may different blogs I just had to participate. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week.


Expected Publication: August 15, 2017

Okay so this book just simply sounds amazing! I haven't read any books that features a bi-racial Indian-American character and this just sounds like it's going to not only be a great culturally experience, but also a funny as the main character gets 17 distinct mustache hairs. There isn't much in the terms of summary yet on Goodreads because the release date is so far away, but I just have a feeling that this is going to be a good book. 


The story of a biracial Indian-American girl who must navigate big changes in her friendships and family life as she starts sixth grade, all while trying to rid herself of an unexpected problem: 17 hairs that have sprouted on her upper lip.


Share:

4 comments:

  1. This sounds so fun! I haven't read many books featuring a bircal Indian-American, so I'm really excited about that aspect, too! Great find, I hope you enjoy it once it's out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds pretty good! I want to read more diversely this year as well as more middle grade, so hopefully I actually READ this. Great pick this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi is such s great writer! I can't wait for this book to be out in the world!

    ReplyDelete