Readathon Wrap - #24in48 / Beginnings of #Diverseathon

Happy Monday everyone! So on Thursday night I found out about the #24in48 readathon hosted by Rachel in which everyone attempts to read for 24 hours in 48 hours. I started off strong, but I must admit I had a lot going on in the background I didn't get the opportunity to read as much as I expected. Because I'm writing this post ahead of time, I'm going to go ahead and state that my total hours for the readathon averages somewhere around 7.5 to 8 hours. It wasn't what I anticipated, but I had a lot go on this weekend so I needed to be focused on my personal aspects of my life instead. However, I am glad to say that I got that much accomplished! Keep reading to see what I was able to start and finish during the readathon! : )





I'm really happy to say that I finished this book. It was amazing and completely breathtaking and I loved every second of it. It's written in four different perspectives which at first seems quite daunting; however, it made the book that much more dynamic. Look for a full review of this one coming sometime soon. 



Okay so as you can see I'm reading two polarizing novels. One is an adult memoir and another is children's fiction. I originally started You Can't Touch My Hair for #24in48, but now I'm moving it over into #diverseathon especially since it is by a POC. Starry River of the Sky is the first book from my #diversathon TBR that I'll be delving into this week. If you guys haven't heard about #diverseathon definitely check out my post linked here and join in! It's a great readathon and I'm excited to be participating in this week. 

If you are participating in any readathons or if you've completed any let me know in the comment box below! : ) 

Share:

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read Salt to the Sea. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. That's great you have two very different books for the #diverseathon. I didn't know about it until last minute, so I don't think I'll officially be able to talk part, but good luck!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed Salt to the Sea. I read it last month and can't believe I waited so long to read it.

    ReplyDelete