Friday #56, #38 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's VoiceJoin in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:

  • Grab a book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!




Happy Reading!!! 


So this week I'm re-reading a book for grad school. If you guys didn't know, I'm currently enrolled in an online Masters of Library Information and Science program and my focus is in Youth Services. As a result, I'm required to take a couple of classes that focus on books for specific age groups. The class that I'm currently taking focuses in on young adult materials. We'll be required to read at least 20 young adult books this semester which is pretty cool. The first one that was chosen by our professor is 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. While I've already read this book, it's been a while since I've actually read it so it's great getting back into this world and understanding and reading it for the first time in several years. I know that I only gave the book 3 stars when I originally read it; however, this year I think things may actually change so I'll definitely be doing a new review. I'll keep you guys posted! : ) 

"When rumors of Hannah's unexplained absence began spreading through school, Mr. Porter asked our class why he kept hearing her name mentioned in the halls. He looked nervous. Almost sick. Like he knew the answer but wanted someone to convince him otherwise." 


You can’t stop the future.
You can’t rewind the past.
The only way to learn the secret . . . is to press play.


Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a strange package with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker–his classmate and crush–who committed suicide two weeks earlier. Hannah’s voice tells him that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he’ll find out why.

Clay spends the night crisscrossing his town with Hannah as his guide. He becomes a firsthand witness to Hannah’s pain, and as he follows Hannah’s recorded words throughout his town, what he discovers changes his life forever.
 
Share:

4 comments:

  1. I NEED to read this one! :-) I added you to the Linky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one and really hadn't planned to until the mini-series came out. Now I'm really curious about the book and the show. It sounds like a powerful book.

    Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is an interesting read. Check it out if you get the chance!

      Delete