Top 10 Tuesday: Hidden Gems In Comics/Manga

Hey guys! It's Tuesday so that means another Top 10 Tuesday hosted by the ladies over at the Broke and the Bookish. Today's topic is documenting hidden gems in a genre of our choice. Of course, I automatically went with comics and manga! So keep reading to find out which titles can be great additions to your TBR!



Birthright. I've only read the first volume of this one; however, it's a really good concept with a magical and medieval feel to it. I really appreciated the artwork and I look forward to see where the rest of the series is going to go. Faith. I originally bought the first issue of this and ended up never reading it and then I found out that my library had a copy of the first volume so I decided to check it out and I ended up loving the positive body image message. I think that the plot needs a little bit of work; however, the overall concept is really good. Goldie Vance. This comic definitely doesn't get the amount of attention it deserves. It has quite a few mysterious elements; however, what I loved most about it was the wide range of diverse characters.


Komomo Confiserie. I recently finished this entire manga series (it's only 5 volumes) and I must say it was definitely worth the journey of me getting to know the characters. It was cute, charming and full of interesting elements especially the character growth. If you want a quick romance based manga to get through I would definitely recommend this one. Monster. So this isn't actually a hidden gem because a lot of people seem to know about it, but I wanted to include it on this list because it turned out to be a hidden gem for me. I didn't really know too much about Monster before I went and checked it out from the library. It's AMAZING. I would definitely categorize it as a psychological thriller. I wouldn't recommend trying to figure out anything about it before reading. Go into it blind! Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur. I didn't really care or the first volume, but just know that the series gets really good by the second volume.


Morning Glories. All I can say about this one is that if you like boarding schools definitely go for this one! It's creepy and deals with some really weird adults, but it all takes in a boarding school. Oddly Normal. This is a great comic for kids and the family. It focuses on the story of a girl that is half witch and half human. She doesn't fit into either world which is an interesting concept. I really liked the artwork and I'm excited to pick up the next volume. Roller Girl. This was SC Book Award nominee that I picked up this year and I'm glad that I did. It's great for middle school kids as it chronicles the journey of a girl learning to find her self-confidence. The plot was great and so was the artwork.


Beauty. This comic book has the craziest concept I have ever encountered and for the fear of spoiling it for you I won't tell you what it is. Just pick it up and give it a try.

What genre did you choose and what would you classify as a hidden gem?
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Oooh thanks for putting this list together! I've been wanting to read more comics/manga, so this couldn't have come at a better time. Beauty sounds incredible intriguing. :) I'm definitely going to be adding some of these to my TBR - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like the real hero, the false hero will have a journey to take and a choice to make. But he will falter in his journey, therefore allowing the real hero to step up. https://thegothamarchives.com/catwoman-comic-review/

    ReplyDelete