Friday #56, #37 History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's VoiceJoin in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:

  • Grab a book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!




Happy Reading!!! 



So this week I'm working on reading History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera. I absolutely love him as a person and as a writer so I have no idea why it's taken me so long to read this book. I know that I'm going to enjoy it and at the same time I'm sure it's going to break my heart. I love the dialogue so far and I'm also really enjoying the fact that it's written as if our main character is talking to his deceased boyfriend at all times. It's amazing! 

"I don't like where this is going. Someone's going to say something stupid, something unforgivable. I'm still anxious from the three questions Jackson asked that pretty much started this mess. I'm openly scratching my palms on the table, hoping Jackson will notice and cease fire."


When Griffin’s first love and ex-boyfriend, Theo, dies in a drowning accident, his universe implodes. Even though Theo had moved to California for college and started seeing Jackson, Griffin never doubted Theo would come back to him when the time was right. But now, the future he’s been imagining for himself has gone far off course.

To make things worse, the only person who truly understands his heartache is Jackson. But no matter how much they open up to each other, Griffin’s downward spiral continues. He’s losing himself in his obsessive compulsions and destructive choices, and the secrets he’s been keeping are tearing him apart.

If Griffin is ever to rebuild his future, he must first confront his history, every last heartbreaking piece in the puzzle of his life.




Share:

3 comments:

  1. One of these days I'll have to try Silvera! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Adam Silvera yet! I need to rectify it soon. Most of the books he's published I'm interested in, but not interested enough to actually check it out. :/

    ReplyDelete