Top 10 Tuesday: Top Comics I've Read In 2017 (So Far)



Hey everybody! I know I haven't been present the past few days, but that's simply because of the fact that I've had a heck of a lot going on and unfortunately that led me to become not only stressed out, but extremely depressed. Hopefully, that will all change in the next couple of days! :) I know that Top 10 Tuesday won't officially be back until next week; however, I decided to do a topic of my own. I want to share the Top 10 comics I've read so far in 2017. Keep reading if you want to see my
choices.



Monstress Vol. 1: I picked this comic up on a whim and I must say that the artwork and the storyline were most fascinating and I'm glad I got the opportunity to read it. Giat Days: I've read the first 5 volumes of this amazing series and I must say I love it! It's the best comic book series that I've read in a while and it doesn't focus on action just character development which is great. Lady Killer: I didn't know anything about this comic until it was recommended to me by someone at my job. It's a mix of 1950s culture and various assassins. It's definitely one of the most interesting concepts I've seen so far this year.


I Hate Fairyland: This comic is the funniest comic I have ever read in my lifetime. It's crude and I absolutely love it. I thought that this series was aimed at children, but I quickly learned how incorrect that assessment was when I read the first page. This is probably my most recommended comic of the year. The Beauty: Like Lady Killer, I found this comic to be an interesting concept in which a STD changes people into beautiful/perfect human beings until they spontaneously combust. It's weird, but definitely worth a read. Girls: I was familiar with one of the Luna brothers through the time that I spent reading Alex + Ada so I instantly wanted to try this comic. I was in for a major surprise. The comic focuses on a group of alien women who multiple and lay eggs when they have sex with the men of the town. It's extremely weird, but for some odd reason I enjoyed it.

Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur Vol. 2: When I read the first volume of this series I simply thought that it was ok; however, by the time that I got to this volume I thought it was fantastic. It focuses on a main character of color and her ability to be a genius in pretty much anything and to transfer places with her pet dinosaur. Archie: I'd never read any Archie comics before the release of these new ones; however, it definitely has sparked my interest and now I'm reading as many Archie comics as possible! Bitch Planet: I don't have anything to say about this one. Just know that you definitely need to read it and as soon as possible.

Revival: At some points this comic can get kind of confusing; however, this one is definitely worth working through and should be read by fans of the Walking Dead
Share:

3 comments:

  1. I am huge fan of comics and was looking for new comics to read out, these comics look good and I will be getting them soon to read out. Thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though i have crossed the age of fantasy books but still i admire such stories. Thanks for sharing the books of kids interest.

    ReplyDelete