A Month in Review: August 2017

Happy August everyone! So this month's wrap up is definitely going to be done rather quickly as I took this month off to get prepared for graduate school. I wanted to take the time to focus on learning how I was going to balance my schedule for the rest of the year. It's been an interesting time and I'm glad that I actually took the time to work towards creating a well planned stress free schedule. So, although I didn't read much I hope everyone still enjoys the wrap up! I can't promise that my reading will increase much more simply because of school, but I will definitely try to read more than what I did this month.





These were definitely my favorites for the month. Keep reading to see what else I read this month!


  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks 
  • Paper Princess (Royals, #1)
  • New Romancer 
  • My Love Story! Vol. 2
  • Food Wars! Shokugeki No Soma Vol. 18 
  • Plum Fantastic
  • Komomo Confiserie Vol. 4
  • Komomo Confiserie Vol. 5
  • Gotham Academy: Second Semester Vol. 1: Welcome Back 

So this month was definitely better in terms of reading books from places other than the United States, but I think that's because I didn't read as many things. The types of books is pretty spread out with comics/manga being in the lead. I'm not surprised by this simply because I know that when my reading slows down I'm more inclined to pick up a comic book or a volume of manga. Overall, this was a good month in terms of ratings. I enjoyed most of the things that I read even if it wasn't a lot. There were two books that were rated two stars; nevertheless, everything else was either a 4 or 5 star rating. 

This month I read a total of 1,909 pages so far this month which ultimately brings me to a complete today of 30,490 pages for the year. It isn't as much as last month's but I'm at least happy that I got some reading accomplished. 

Here's what I posted on my blog this month: 

  • One of Us Is Lying (Video Review)
  • Friday #56, History Is All You Left Me 
  • Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Comics I've Read This Year (So Far)
  • Can't Wait Wednesday: Heart of Iron
  • BookishRealm Discussion: Blog Hiatus
  • Friday #56, Thirteen Reasons Why
  • Top 10 Tuesday: Hidden Gems I've Found in Comics/Manga 
  • Can't Wait Wednesday: Hurricane Girl 
Let me know how everything went for you guys this week! : ) 
Share:

2 comments:

  1. Henrietta Lacks is a book I should read, I really enjoyed the movie and learned a lot too.
    Happy September!

    ReplyDelete