End of Year Survey - 2019 Edition



Hey everyone! I'm back with the annual reading survey hosted by Jamie over at the Perpetual Page Tuner. She's been doing this for a couple of years and I've participated a few times, but I definitely wanted to makes sure that I participated this year. Keep reading and find out exactly what I read this year! 



Number Of Books You Read: 14
Number of Re-Reads: 19 (I can't believe I re-read this much this year)
Genre You Read The Most From: It seems to be a tie between romance and fantasy. 

best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2019?


I had to choose Birthday Girl because it was hands down the best romance book that I read this year, but I also felt the need to include Slay because I have never felt more connected to characters than I have when I read this book. Check out my review for Birthday Girl here and Slay here. 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


I thought I was really going to enjoy this book, but it really didn't stick with me the way I thought it would. It's not that I didn't like it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?


This definitely was a book that caught me by surprise. It wasn't an easy read, but it was important especially since the United States is currently facing an opioid crisis. 

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

I can't say that people have read the book but I do know that I really pushed Heroine a lot on my booktube channel and tried to get people to at least check it out. 

 5. Best series you started in 2019? Best Sequel of 2019? Best Series Ender of 2019?


I would definitely have to say that Kiss the Girl was the best series ender that I read this year. I absolutely loved it. While The Hidden Kingdom is the 3rd book in the Wings of Fire series it definitely made me appreciate the series more. And Kingdom of Souls was definitely the best series that I started this year. I can't wait to see what the author is going to do with the next book. 

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2019?

I don't think that I have a favorite new author from this year. But I'm most excited to see what else Brittney Morris has to offer this year. 

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


I typically don't read a lot of romance, but I really really enjoyed this book. I chose Birthday Girl as one of the best books I've read all year I would definitely consider this one as one of the best romance books I've read this year. Check out my review here. 

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


This book was so freaking good. If you haven't read it PICK IT UP NOW! 

 9. Book You Read In 2019 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?


As much as I talked trash about this series this year, I definitely started to enjoy it more towards the end and it's one that I would look forward to exploring more in-depth next year. 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2019?


This book was absolutely gorgeous cover and inside. 

11. Most memorable character of 2019?

My most memorable character would definitely have to be Pike. He was just an amazing character to read about. 

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2019?


This book was so damn beautiful. Heartbreaking, but the author did such an amazing job. 

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2019?


This book was so through provoking and opened my eyes to the relationship between the Japanese and Koreans post-WWII. 

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2019 to finally read? 


 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2019?

"We are here first and foremost to celebrate black excellence in all its forms, from all parts of the globe. We are different ages, genders, tribes, tonges, and traditions. But tonight, we are all black...and tonight we all SLAY."

16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2019?

Shortest:

28 pages 
Longest: 
848 Pages

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most


Honestly, I was so surprised at how good this book was. I've been telling people that they definitely shouldn't let the cover fool them. I can't wait to pick up the second part to this story next year. Check out my review here

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Jordan and Pike! I will always go down with that ship!

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year


I loved the friendship dynamic that occurred between Cindy, Ariel, and Belle. 

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2019 From An Author You’ve Read Previously


I really enjoyed reading Smile so when I heard that Guts was coming out I knew I had to get my hands on it and of course it was no surprise that I really enjoyed it. 

21. Best Book You Read In 2019 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:



22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2019?

Pikeeeeeeeeeee. I love you!

23. Best 2019 debut you read?


This book was sooooo good! I was so surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. 

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?


This wasn't my favorite read of 2019, but I can admit that the world building was amazing! It felt so vivid while I listened to it on audio. 

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


I had a lot of fun reading this because it's one of my favorite manga series of all time. If you're interested in food manga then reading this one is a must. Check out my review here

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2019?


27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


But see it was my second time reading this one and it crushed me the same way it crushed me the first time. 

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2019?


This book was the most unique for me because I listened to it on audio and it was read like it was slam poetry and I really enjoyed that. 

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


I really did not like this book. I mean I really really didn't like it. It got a 1 star review and I rarely ever give books 1 star reviews. It was problematic in ways that I couldn't explain and the main character was really difficult to read. 

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2019?

I discovered BeautifulBookishBethany this year and her Youtube channel is a delight. She reads such a wide range of books and gives amazing reviews. 
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2019?
I definitely think that my review of Birthday Girl was really good. You can check it out here
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2019:?

4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events,  etc.)?
I didn't get to go to any bookish events this year because I definitely had a baby haha! 
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2019?
I think the moment that I broke 100 followers on BlogLovin' really made me feel great. 

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
The most challenging thing about blogging and reading this year was attempting to balance those things with having a newborn. I still struggle with that today, but I'm learning how to find some sort of balance. 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most popular post this year was my review of Romanov by Nadine Brandes. Read the review here

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I wish that my post about The DUFF got a little more love. That book is popular, but also really problematic. 
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Unfortunately, I didn't discover any this year. : (
10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I didn't complete any challenges this year because I was pregnant all year so I just tried to read as much as I could when I could. 
looking-ahead-books-2015
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2019 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2020?


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2020 (non-debut)?


3. 2020 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2020?

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2020?
I definitely want to blog more consistently. I know that I won't be able to post every single day, but I'm hoping to at least post 2-3 times a week. 

6. A 2020 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
N/A
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment