Author Spotlight: Libba Bray

Long time no see everyone!! I sincerely apologize for my long absence. Ever since the flood my responsibilities at work have been hectic and it's been extremely difficult trying to manage and balance my time, but I am back and I am definitely attempting to get to back to my normal schedule of posting at least 3 to 4 times a week. I hope you guys are as excited as I am! Since it is Monday I thought I would kick off my return with an author spotlight! :)

Name: Libba Bray

About Author: Born in Montgomery, Alabama, Libba Bray is a gifted young adult author. She was born to a father that is a preacher and a mother who is a teacher. Eventually she moved to New York where she worked for a literary advertising agency. Under a pseudonym she wrote three books for a publishing company known for romance novels. She is friends with many other young adult authors including John Green, Cassandra Clare, Maureen Johnson, and Holly Black.

Published Works:


  • The Gemma Doyle Trilogy
    • A Great and Terrible Beauty (2003)
    • Rebel Angels (2005)
    • The Sweet Far Thing (2007)
  • 21 Proms (2007)
  • The Restless Dead (2007)
  • Up All Night (2008)
  • Vacations from Hell (2009)
  • Going Bovine (2009)
  • Beauty Queens (2011)
  • The Diviners (2012)
  • Lair of Dreams (2015)
My Recommendation: I encountered the writing of Libba Bray about two years ago when I read A Great and Terrible Beauty. I absolutely loved that the novel took place in a Victorian era and contained various magical elements; however, it was the The Diviners that made me truly fall in love with her as an author. Libba Bray has a beautiful gift for words. There has been no other author in this world that has had the ability to truly terrify me and give me nightmares just from reading their books and she single handily accomplished this task. After meeting her this past weekend at YallFest I can truly say that this woman is spectacular and if you are interested in magical elements, horror, and humor she is definitely the author to check out. 
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment