Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 for the Summer


Hey bloggers and book lovers alike! I'm back with another top 10 Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today's theme is to choose ten books that we plan to read this summer. A lot of my choices are going to be series to prep for eventful fall releases. 

#1 is the Heroes of Olympus Series. I finished the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series earlier this month and I plan to continue with the Heroes of Olympus in order to prepare for Riordan's new series based on Norse mythology. 


#2 is Cinder. I have been holding off on reading this book for a while, but I keep hearing good things and with the fourth book's release coming this fall I need to go ahead to catch up!



#3 is the Harry Potter Series. So this year is the year of Harry Potter re-reads!!! I plan to get through the series this summer and become re-familiar with the world. 


#4 is the Constant Princess. I have this strange itch for historical fiction and I have 4 of the 6 books by Philippa Gregory dealing with King Henry VIII wives so I thought I would go ahead and get started. 


#5 is Outlander. So this is a pretty chunky book. Wait, who am I kidding it's huge!!! But I have heard the world of Outlander is amazing so I cannot wait to dig into it. 


#6 is Throne of Glass. I know, I know I'm way behind on this series, but with Queen of Shadows coming out this fall I decided it was finally time to read the Throne of Glass series. 


#7 is Falling Kingdoms. Has anybody noticed a pattern or trend here? I seem to be playing a game of catch up on popular series. :)


#8 is the Chew Series. This graphic novel series is amazing!! I cannot get enough of it so I plan on reading all the volumes this summer. 


#9 The Wicked and The Divine. Another graphic novel series I've heard nothing but great things about. 


#10 is Go Set a Watchman. This is highly anticipated sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird. This summer I plan to re-read TKAM and then prepare myself for the second book!!

What books do you plan on reading this summer? Put your questions and comments below. 

Share:

12 comments:

  1. How could I forget about Go Set a Watchman! I loved TKAM! It's one of my all time favorite books!! Cinder is great! Hope you enjoy all your books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I hope I love Cinder as much as everyone else does lol. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping to squeen Throne of Glass into my summer tbr as well! I hear it's great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing great things about it too! lol It makes me even more anxious to read it.

      Delete
  3. Throne of Glass is FANTASTIC. I totally recommend it!! (So much love and cake and assassinations. xD) Ohhh, I've only got the last book in Riordan's second series to go. EXCITED. But scared.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I only read the first one and I'm already scared for the ending, but at least we have a new series coming out this fall! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm reading Cinder this summer! Well, I'm finishing it... I started it ages ago . Also, I love Philippa Gregory & Diana Gabaldon... if you're going to read historical fiction, these are the ladies to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I have those two books then! I've heard nothing but great things about these two authors. And I really want to finish Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress only because I know Winter will be out this fall lol :) I'm so behind!

      Delete
  5. Really want to read Cinder!!:)

    mimi @ http://bookfanaticss.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've heard nothing but good things. :)

      Delete
  6. Yes! Outlander is so good! I'm rereading it this summer when I go on vacation. I hope you love it!

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh I hope I love it too. Have fun on your vacation! :)

      Delete