Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Books of 2015

Hey bloggers and fellow book readers! I'm back today with another Top Ten Tuesday hosted by the Broke and the Bookish ! This week's theme is the top 10 books we've read so far this year. I am listing my books in no particular order. So let's go ahead and get started! 


I am basically the last person on earth to read this series, but boy am I glad that I picked it up! It was so good and fast-paced. Marissa Meyer definitely kept me entertained and I cannot wait to pick up the next book in the series.


Rating: 5/5 Stars 




You are definitely going to see a lot of Rick Riordan on this list. I was introduced to his Percy Jackson series last year and now I cannot get enough of his ability to build such a captivating mythological world.


Rating: 4.5/5 Stars 


This is possibly my favorite book of 2015. I absolutely loved the writing of this novel as well as the development of the characters. I also appreciated that it was a thought provoking book. I wasn't simply reading a story about characters.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars





A lot of people would disagree with me on this choice, but I absolutely love this series. The re-telling of the Wizard of Oz in which Dorothy is an evil villain is truly captivating. I cannot wait for the final installment coming next year.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars



I listened to this book on the audiobook while on vacation and I cannot believe how much I liked it. It was nothing like I thought it would be and each task just pulled me in further and further.

Rating: 4/5 Stars 



I completed Saga volumes #1-4 between last month and this month and I can definitely say I was missing out on a great graphic novel. This series is so weird it's amazing. I love the plot and the character development and let's not even get into the artwork. It's so BEAUTIFUL!

Rating: 4.5-5/5 Stars (Depended on the Volume)

Soooo...by now everyone pretty much knows I adore Rick Riordan, his world building skills, and his characters. But I absolutely loved this book in the series. The twists and turns in the plot completely threw me for a loop. It definitely was a favorite!

Rating: 5/5 Stars 

I mean what would a top 10 list be without the infamous Harry Potter. I've been re-reading the series and I must say it has been a great pleasure to step back into the world of J.K. Rowling's characters. 

Rating: 5/5 Stars
I think this book captivated me for it's ability to capture the essence of Chinese culture. I could not believe how wonderfully written this text was and it really opened my eyes to defining the purpose and meaning of beauty. 

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars 




Chew is probably, outside of Saga, one of my favorite graphic novels. At first I found the premise of the story disgusting (I mean the main character eats human flesh), but once I started reading the graphic novel it all made sense and I truly appreciated the work of the author. 

Rating: 4.5-5/5 Stars (Depending on the Volume)



What are some of your favorite novels of 2015 so far?!?
Share:

12 comments:

  1. Great choices! I have been slowly reading Paper Towns the past while, really like it so far. The movie is out soon so I want to finish it before then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Paper Towns when I read it! I hope you like it as much. :)

      Delete
  2. I really need to read Cinder and Vol. 2 of Saga! And I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read The Book Thief, although it has been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years now. And, until I do, I will not read I Am The Messenger. This is a great list. Here is my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I haven't read The Book Thief either so don' feel bad, but Cinder and Saga are really good.

      Delete
  3. If it makes you feel better, I've seen Cinder on a couple of lists this week, so you have company there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I really need to pick up Cinder, I'm seeing it everywhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol a lot of people haven't read it so you're not alone!!

      Delete
  5. I won Cinder but I've never read it :O And I'm so glad you added Harry Potter! I haven't gotten through the whole first book again (I reread every year) but I included it anyway because it is, by far, the best series I've ever read. Here's mine:


    http://www.angieonbooks.com/2015/06/top-ten-books-ive-read-in-2015-so-far.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the best series every!! I think I could re-read HP over and over again.

      Delete
  6. I really should read more Marcus Zusak books. I loved the Book Thief. I re-read the Harry Potter series last year.... I love re-readin those books so much! :)
    By the way, you'd expressed interest on my blog of participating in my Emma read-a-long. The details are now up on my blog if you are still interested. http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/07/emma-200th-anniversary-read-long.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea I would still love to join in!!! I'll definitely check it out!

      Delete