#FridayReads 6.26.15

TGIF!!! So this weekend is going to be pretty busy for me. I'm headed to Charlotte tomorrow to spend the day with some friends and go thrifting (I'll definitely be looking for some cheap reads!). As a result I'm not sure how much reading I'll actually get finished, but here is a look at what I plan to read this weekend:

 Published: 2013

# of Pages: 500

Goodreads Blurb: "Audrey Niffenegger's dazzling debut is the story of Clare, a beautiful, strong-minded art student, and Henry, an adventuresome librarian, who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-three and Henry thirty-one. Impossible, but true, because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder: his genetic clock randomly resets and he finds himself misplaced in time, pulled to moments of emotional gravity from his life, past, and future. His disappearances are spontaneous and unpredictable, and lend a spectacular urgency to Clare and Henry's unconventional love story. That their attempt to live normal lives together is threatened by something they can neither prevent nor control makes their story intensely moving and entirely unforgettable."

My Comments:

This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for a while so I thought it was time to pick it up. I have seen the movie, but I'm really excited to be reading the book!



Published: 2004

# of Pages: 435

Goodreads Blurb: "Harry Potter is lucky to reach the age of thirteen, since he has already survived the murderous attacks of the feared Dark Lord on more than one occasion. But his hopes for a quiet term concentrating on Quidditch are dashed when a maniacal mass-murderer escapes from Azkaban, pursued by the soul-sucking Dementors who guard the prison. It's assumed that Hogwarts is the safest place for Harry to be. But is it a coincidence that he can feel eyes watching him in the dark, and should he be taking Professor Trelawney's ghoulish predictions seriously?"

My Comments:

Of course I'm excited to read this book this weekend! I've been attempting to re-read all the Harry Potter books before the year is over so this was the next in line. Re-reading this has been like reliving a part of my childhood. And it makes me even more excited for the illustrated versions to start coming out this fall.

What books will you be reading this weekend?
Share:

1 comment:

  1. The Time Traveler's Wife has been on my shelf for *so* long. The premise is so intriguing but I'm concerned that I'll spend the whole book confused. LOL I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete