Top 5 Favorite Audiobooks


Happy Tuesday everyone! I did a Top 5 Favorite Audiobooks back in June of 2018. Considering that I've listened to a lot more audiobooks since then, I figured that I would do this post again to see if any of my favorites have changed. Check out the link above to compare the results! 

As you all know, I'm a huge advocate for audiobooks. They're such a fun and dynamic way to read books. While there is always a huge debate surrounding whether audiobooks "count" as reading, I always make sure that I have one on hand for work, while I'm driving in the car, or even while I'm grocery shopping. Keep reading to see what audiobooks I consider to be my favorites this year. 


Audiobook #1: The Poet X
Read By: Elizabeth Acevedo 
Why It's So Good: I've always heard good things about The Poet X and I've always been told to listen to it on audio. Acevedo's narration is BRILLIANT and definitely makes the reader feel as though they are listening to slam poetry. It was a whirlwind of an experience to listen to the book and I definitely enjoyed it! 







Audiobook #2: Fairest of All 
Read By: Emily Eiden 
Why It's So Good: This year was the second time that I listened to this audiobook and I can never get over how gifted and talented Emily Eiden is at capturing the voices of these young characters. If you've never listened to it definitely check it out!







Audiobook #3: Here Comes the Sun 
Read By: Bahni Turpin
Why It's So Good: I'm a sucker for anyone that has an accent so hearing this book read in Patois was more than rewarding. The story itself is not as beautiful as the cover. It's heartbreaking and takes the reader on an emotional roller coaster. However, if you're looking for a beautifully crafted audiobook this is one that you're going to want to try out. 






Audiobook #4: The Bad Beginning
Read By: Tim Curry
Why It's So Good: I honestly don't have much to say about this one. Simply look at who narrates this book and that should tell you all that you need to know.









Audiobook #5: Masterminds 
Ready By: Ramon De Ocampo, Kelly Jean Badgley, Tarah Consoli
Why It's So Good: Any audiobook that has a full cast production is good in my book. I've never come across one that hasn't been good. What I love about ALL of the audiobooks in this trilogy is that they allow the reader to get a different feel for each character. Each voice is well done and truly contributes to the overall enjoyment of the books.  






What are some of your favorite audiobooks? Let me know in the comments below! 
  





Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment