February Wrap -Up 2018

Ya'll it's March! What in the world does that even mean?? First, let me start by explaining my absence. School was really intense this past month and on top of that I have been battling a lung infection. I could not even walk fifteen feet with my chest getting extremely tight and me being unable to breathe. As a person who has asthma, this was the WORST experience of my life. I'm still sick; however, I'm doing a little bit better than before. Hopefully, I stay well for the rest of the year. Surprisingly, I did end up reading a total of 13 books. I didn't post much on the blog or my YouTube channel, but everything will be back on the up and up this month! Keep reading to see what I've completed! : )




These were my favorites of the month! Here are the other books I've read: 
  • #Nerd (Hashtag, #1) - 3 Stars
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2) - 5 Stars
  • Black Panther: Who is Black Panther? - 4 Stars
  • George - 4 Stars
  • Sister, Sister - 3 Stars
  • Drawn (Drawn, #1) - 2 Stars
  • The Watsons Go To Birmingham, 1963 - 4 Stars
  • Kira-Kira - 4 Stars 
  • Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet, Book 1 - 4 Stars
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) - 3 Stars
  • The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Oz, #1) - 3 Stars 
Statistics: 

So like last year I'm focusing on a lot of stats related to my book reading! I've compiled some graphs that will show what I read during the month. This first graph illustrates the number of books I've read in certain genres. Anything with a "C" is children's. I couldn't fit the entire name in the graph. : ) 


This next graph shows the location of the authors. While I'm trying to read more diversely in this category, I am still finding that a lot of the authors are from the United States. I was able to read at least one book from three different countries so I'm really excited about that. 


I'm also keeping track of whether the authors identify as male or female. This month I actually read a book from a non-binary author and it was amazing! I'm going to try to be more diverse in this category as well. 


There are some other statistics that I'm keeping track of as well. They're listed below. 
  • Author POC: 6 out of 13 (46%)
  • Own Voices: 3 out of 13 (23%)
  • LGBT Main Character: 1 out of 13 (8%)
  • Main Character POC: 6 out of 13 (46%)
So with everything considered I think that I did a pretty good job this month in terms of reading. I hope to continue to do just as well this upcoming month. Let me know what you guys read in the comments below! : ) 




Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment