Sunday Post #14

Happy Sunday fellow bloggers and readers. I am back with another Sunday post hosted by the lovely caffeinated book reviewer


Okay let's start with my week in a complete recap. This felt like the longest week known to mankind. I don't know if it was the fact that is was my first full week back at work or if it was because I had so many crazy things going on at work from planning programs to meetings. Anyway with that being said, I am happy that tomorrow is my day off and I can relax and prepare for the school semester to start on Tuesday. Gahhh I can't believe school is already back in full swing. I think that this semester will be better because now I know what to expect. Other than that, I'm hoping that this week doesn't feel as intense as last week. 








Dear Martin (5 Stars): This was such an amazing book although I will admit it was hard not to compare certain aspects of it to THUG. What I will say is that it offers such a new and important perspective to YA literature. If you haven't read this but you've read THUG definitely check it out. Can I Touch Your Hair? (4 Stars): This was such a great picture book. I didn't know anything about it until one of co-workers told me to read it. It's filled with amazing poetry and a diverse look at two different racial groups. Under the Udala Trees (4 Stars): Such a beautiful book about the LGBT community in Nigeria. It's such an important book and it definitely made me look at issues faced by this community on a global scale. Food Wars Vol. 20 (4 Stars): Another great installment to this amazing series. I can't say much about it because it's the 20th volume, but you definitely need to pick it up. 


  • Mini Comic Book Review (1st Volumes)
  • Top 10 Tuesday: Bookish Resolutions & Goals 
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Review: This Land is Your Land 
  • Friday #56
  • BookRealmReviews & Film 



How was your week? 

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment