Friday #56, #17 The Daughter of Time Josephine Tey


The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's VoiceJoin in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:

  • Grab a book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!



Happy Reading!

So this week I'm focusing on a mystery novel that was chosen for me to read for book club. It has been slated as one of the best mysteries of all time. So far it's ok. I just find it interesting because it focuses on the life of Richard III. He is known as a power hungry and emotionless king who was willing to do any and everything to maintain his control over his throne. Our main character of this book is out to seek the truth behind Richard III's true character. I think I'm going to like this book more so for its historical purposes than its mystery elements. I'm a big fan and lover of history especially when it discusses the reputation of monarchs. 









Scotland Yard Inspector Alan Grant is intrigued by a portrait of Richard III. Could such a sensitive face actually belong to a heinous villain — a king who killed his brother's children to secure his crown? Grant seeks what kind of man Richard was and who in fact killed the princes in the tower.

Share:

8 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting and I've always wanted to read something by Josephine Tey. I like the cover. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my usual fare, but I hope you love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting twist on historical fiction. Enjoy!
    My Friday post features STEALING JASON WILDE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a major history fan and love to read good history books. I may have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll be adding this to my tbr. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete