Waiting on Wednesday #1: Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This is my first time participating in this meme, but I've seen it across so may different blogs I just had to participate. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week!



This week I chose to spotlight the title Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige. I've been reading her Dorothy Must Die series and I'm super excited to read this new fairy tale re-telling that is centered around the Snow Queen. It sounds like it will be a mixture of Alice in Wonderland and Narnia!


Expected Publication: September 20, 2016
# of Pages: 384
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children


Seventeen-year-old Snow has spent the majority of her life within the walls of the Whittaker Institute, a high security mental hospital in upstate New York. Deep down, she knows she's not crazy and doesn't belong there. When she meets a mysterious, handsome new orderly and dreams about a strange twisted tree she realizes she must escape and figure out who she really is.

Using her trusting friend Bale as a distraction, Snow breaks free and races into the nearby woods. Suddenly, everything isn't what it seems, the line between reality and fantasy begins to blur, and she finds herself in icy Algid--her true home--with witches, thieves, and a strangely alluring boy named Kai, none of whom she's sure she can trust. As secret after secret is revealed, Snow discovers that she is on the run from a royal lineage she's destined to inherit, a father more powerful and ruthless than she could have imagined, and choices of the heart that could change the fate of everything...including Snow's return to the world she once knew.

This breathtaking first volume begins the story of how Snow becomes a villain, a queen, and ultimately a hero.
Share:

3 comments:

  1. I actually read this one already! I personally didn't love it but the issues I had might be less generalized and more specific. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww mann I'm sad to hear that! I was really hoping it was going to be AMAZING...

      Delete