Top 10 Tuesday: Books I Want My Children to Read

Happy Tuesday Everyone! It's time for another Top 10 Tuesday. I love this week's topic where we focus on choosing books that we would want our children to read. There are so many I wanted to add to this list, alas, I will make do with the 10 below.



Harry Potter. So this might seem cliche to some people, but at the end of the day Harry Potter played a big role in my childhood and I want my children to experience the magic that I found in each book. Wings of Fire. This is one I wouldn't introduce my children to until they were a little older; however, it was a really great book that I read this year and it definitely has some amazing fantasy elements that all children will like and if my children are anything like me they will enjoy this. School for Good & Evil. I added this one to the list because I like that it goes against all traditions affiliated with fairy tales. It does have a slow beginning, but I think that my children will be able to appreciate the uniqueness of this series.


Lumberjanes. I want to introduce my children to comics and graphic novels because they are an interesting medium of reading. I think that this series is a great place to start. Harriet the Spy. I haven't read this book in years, but it definitely is an important book and I love that it expresses the idea that being different is ok. That is something I would certainly want my children to understand. James and the Giant Peach. No explanation needed for this one. It's a classic.



Stuart Little. This is another classic that I can see myself introducing to my children. It was a classic that my parents read to me so I would love to keep that tradition up and do the same thing for my children. Sunny Side Up. Once again this is a graphic novel that I would love for my children to read. It is funny, interesting, and does a great job at tackling difficult topics. Saving Kabul Corner. This book offers great insight to the culture and traditions from Afghanistan. I loved the writing and learned so much from this book. I definitely would use this book to teach my children about different cultures.



Our 50 States: A Family Adventure Across America is a great picture that I discussed last winter. It gives extremely detailed descriptions of each American state. I think it is a great book for interesting facts and history associated with each state. I would love to introduce this book to my children and then take them to visit their favorite states. '

What books would you introduce to your children, nieces, nephews, etc.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment