Friday #56, #35 When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon

The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's VoiceJoin in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:

  • Grab a book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!




Happy Reading!!! 


This week I'm working on When Dimple Met Rishi! I just started it last night and so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm not a huge contemporary person so when I actually like one it's like winning the lottery for me. The writing is easy and I'm already falling in love with the characters. I can't wait to finish this one and possible do both a written and video review. 

"Dimple hadn't met Celia until after she'd already put in an application (well before Papa and Mamma had actually said yes--she had to save her spot, just in case), so they hadn't requested each other. She wondered whom she'd be paired with. Hopefully not that frost blond girl who looked like she ate little kids for dessert, though Celia probably wouldn't mind, judging from the way she was still darting glances over at that group.'"







Dimple Shah has it all figured out. With graduation behind her, she’s more than ready for a break from her family, from Mamma’s inexplicable obsession with her finding the “Ideal Indian Husband.” Ugh. Dimple knows they must respect her principles on some level, though. If they truly believed she needed a husband right now, they wouldn’t have paid for her to attend a summer program for aspiring web developers…right?

Rishi Patel is a hopeless romantic. So when his parents tell him that his future wife will be attending the same summer program as him—wherein he’ll have to woo her—he’s totally on board. Because as silly as it sounds to most people in his life, Rishi wants to be arranged, believes in the power of tradition, stability, and being a part of something much bigger than himself.

The Shahs and Patels didn’t mean to start turning the wheels on this “suggested arrangement” so early in their children’s lives, but when they noticed them both gravitate toward the same summer program, they figured, Why not?

Dimple and Rishi may think they have each other figured out. But when opposites clash, love works hard to prove itself in the most unexpected ways.
 


Share:

4 comments:

  1. I'ave been attracted to this book just from the cover so I'd bast add it to my TBR pile. Thanks. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until I have the chance to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my radar. I didn't read a lot of contemporary before I discovered Bette Lee Crosby's books. They are wonderful and i enjoy contemporary movies, so I just might read this:)

    My Friday 56 from A School For Unusual Girls

    ReplyDelete