Top 10 Tuesday: Best Fathers in Literature

Happy Tuesday everyone! It's Tuesday so that means another Top 10 Tuesday hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. With Father's Day right around the corner, this week's topic focuses on fathers in literature. I decided to focus on the best dads in literature so let's go ahead and get started.




Sirius Black (Harry Potter). Okay so Sirius isn't a really Harry's father, but goodness gracious he makes a hell of a godfather and it is incredibly disappointing that he didn't get the chance to fulfill his promises to Harry. Marko (Saga) This is the type of man who would do anything for his wife and daughter and I completely love that. Lily's Dad. (Addicted Series). He isn't necessarily the best father figure in all the books that I have read, but I love that Lily and her father have such an easy going, care free relationship. I admire and respect that.


Joichiro Yukihira (Food Wars). Soma and his dad have such a great relationship. I love that they can be competitive, but still love each other in an unconditional way. Joichiro definitely pushes Soma to be a better cook. Mr. Mendoza (Aristotle & Dante). This is a relationship that took time to build. At first Ari and his dad weren't close; however, after the events that take place in this book, Mr. Mendoza supports his son in more ways in one that allow him to finally become who is he without shame or fear. Big Mav (The Hate U Give). This man is AMAZING. It was wonderful to watch him raise his children and also watch his relationship with his wife. The way he interacted with them went above and beyond my expectations.


Kouhei Inuzuka (Sweetness & Lightning). I was quite questionable about the plot of this manga; however, I really enjoyed the relationship between Kouhei and his daughter Tsumugi. He really wants the best for her and he truly embraces the idea of being a single dad. One Crazy Summer. This book was fantastic, but what was even more fantastic was the strong relationship that the girls shared with their father. It was beautiful and inspiring. Ta-Nehisi Coates (Between the World and Me). This man just has a way with words. If you haven't read this letter to his 15 year old son you definitely need to pick it up soon. 


To All the Boys I Loved Before. I really enjoyed the relationship that the father in this book has with his daughters. It's amazing and truly inspiring. I love that he's taken on such a strong and supportive role after his wife has passed away. 

Share:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post!! I haven't read any of the books on your list, so have new books to check out.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-books-and-book-swag-for.html

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily's dad... maybe not the best dad... but I always appreciated that he was often the voice of reason. And acted as a buffer between Lily and her mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sirius Black or Arthur Weasley, both great dads.
    My ttt
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-worst-dads-in-literature.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Aristotle is on my TBR list. Mr. Weasley is a great dad :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete