Friday #56, #22 Salt to the Sea


The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's VoiceJoin in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:

  • Grab a book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!



Happy Reading!


Happy Friday everyone! I hope everyone had a great and productive week! I am definitely happy about what I've been reading and the book that I'm featuring today is one that I've been looking forward to reading for a while so I'm glad I finally got to it. It takes on the historical period of WWII, but it definitely covers a geographic area that I'm not familiar with. I would suggest going into this blind and learning the characters and the story as you go along. 


"I set my hand on her shoulder. This trek was difficult enough for someone with sight. Two weeks ago, amidst mad chaos at a train station, Ingrid became separated from her aunt. The train departed. Ingrid was not on it. She stood alone on the platform for two straight days, shivering, waiting for her aunt to return. The aunt never came back. On the third day Ingrid asked people for help. They ignored her. Her luggage was stolen. A young girl finally noticed Ingrid and brought her to my attention." 



Winter, 1945. Four teenagers. Four secrets.

Each one born of a different homeland; each one hunted, and haunted, by tragedy, lies…and war.

As thousands of desperate refugees flock to the coast in the midst of a Soviet advance, four paths converge, vying for passage aboard the Wilhelm Gustloff, a ship that promises safety and freedom.

Yet not all promises can be kept.

Inspired by the single greatest tragedy in maritime history, bestselling and award-winning author Ruta Sepetys (Between Shades of Gray) lifts the veil on a shockingly little-known casualty of World War II. An illuminating and life-affirming tale of heart and hope.
 
Share:

5 comments:

  1. I've seen sooo many wonderful things about this one and really need to pick it up! The excerpt certainly adds to my interest, so thanks for sharing! I hope you continue to enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I really want to read! Happy weekend!
    (I added you to the Linky.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of good things about this one. Enjoy the book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard really good things about this book, I hope you are enjoying it.
    My 56 is My Sweet Revenge
    :)

    ReplyDelete