The Friday #56, #10 Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe

The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.
Join in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:


  • Grab a book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!


Happy Reading!!






So this week I decided to take an excerpt from the one of the book's I'm currently reading. The book is Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. This book has been hyped and for a seemingly good reason. I can't even begin to describe how beautifully written it is. It is definitely a timeless coming of age novel. I know that their are supposed to be some LGBT themes in it so I'm excited to see how that unfolds. So far it is shaping up to be an amazing book. 

"And it seemed to me that Dante's face was a map of the world. A world without any darkness. Wow, a world without darkness. How beautiful was that?" 


This quote is just BEAUTIFUL. I can't even begin to describe the surge of emotion I felt after reading it. It clearly illustrates the closeness between Aristotle and Dante.


Synopsis

Dante can swim. Ari can't. Dante is articulate and self-assured. Ari has a hard time with words and suffers from self-doubt. Dante gets lost in poetry and art. Ari gets lost in thoughts of his older brother who is in prison. Dante is fair skinned. Ari's features are much darker. It seems that a boy like Dante, with his open and unique perspective on life, would be the last person to break down the walls that Ari has built himself. 

But when Ari and Dante meet, they bond. They share books, thoughts, dreams, laughter. They teach each other new vocabularies and begin to redefine each other's worlds. And they discover that the universe is a large and difficult place. 

This is the story about two boys, Ari and Dante, who must learn to believe in each other and the power of their friendship if they ever are to become man. 
Share:

12 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a great read! Here's mine Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot about this book. I hope you enjoy it, thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had this one wishlisted forever now. Hope you love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pick up as soon as you get the chance because I absolutely loved it! :)

      Delete
  4. I still have yet to read this one - I should be getting to it!

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, gosh! That was a great quote! This book has been on my radar for quite some time. By the way, I tagged you in the Totally Should've Book Tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! I'll definitely get to that Tag this week! :)

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a great book and I've heard good things about it from other bloggers too. I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course no problem! And thanks for stopping by mine! :)

      Delete