Waiting on Wednesday, #69 Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa over at Wishful Endings She has taken on a similar meme to Jills Waiting on Wednesday over at Breaking the Spine. Since Jill hasn't posted in a while I'm going to join in on this meme. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week.

Series: N/A
Publication: September 15th, 2020 
Goodreads | Amazon


Korey Fields is dead. When Enchanted Jones wakes with blood on her hands and zero memory of the previous night, no one—the police and Korey’s fans included—has more questions than she does. All she really knows is that this isn't how things are supposed to be. Korey was Enchanted’s ticket to stardom. Before there was a dead body, Enchanted was an aspiring singer, struggling with her tight knit family’s recent move to the suburbs while trying to find her place as the lone Black girl in high school. But then legendary R&B artist Korey Fields spots her at an audition. And suddenly her dream of being a professional singer takes flight. Enchanted is dazzled by Korey’s luxurious life but soon her dream turns into a nightmare. Behind Korey’s charm and star power hides a dark side, one that wants to control her every move, with rage and consequences. Except now he’s dead and the police are at the door. Who killed Korey Fields? All signs point to Enchanted.

First of all this cover is GORGEOUS. I was on Instagram when Jackson released the cover and I was crazy excited. Then I read the synopsis. Ya'll I've been waiting for a book like this especially with everything that is going on with R. Kelly. I'm going to be super excited when this book releases.


Share:

4 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous and it sounds like it will be a great read.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! That cover is beautiful. I haven't heard of this one, but with the cover and the synopsis, this sounds like a must read. I am adding it to my wish list right now. I hope you love it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete