Can't Wait Wednesday, #70 The Henna Wars by Adiba Jaigirdar


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa over at Wishful Endings She has taken on a similar meme to Jills Waiting on Wednesday over at Breaking the Spine. Since Jill hasn't posted in a while I'm going to join in on this meme. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week.

Series: N/A
Publisher: Page Street Kids
Publication: May 12th, 2020 
# of Pages: 400
Genre: Contemporary 


When Dimple Met Rishi meets Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda in this rom com about two teen girls with rival henna businesses. When Nishat comes out to her parents, they say she can be anyone she wants—as long as she isn’t herself. Because Muslim girls aren’t lesbians. Nishat doesn’t want to hide who she is, but she also doesn’t want to lose her relationship with her family. And her life only gets harder once a childhood friend walks back into her life.


The brief discription of this book was enough to capture my attention. And then I looked at the cover. I literally cannot wait for this book to come up and I'm thinking about pre-ordering it for my kindle. This is the kind of book that everyone needs to pick up in their spare time.


Share:

4 comments:

  1. I do like the sounds of this one. Thanks for sharing it.

    My CWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading about this one, and now I want to read it too! I hope you enjoy it when you read it. Stay well and safe.

    ReplyDelete