Ice Cream Man Vol. 2 by W. Maxwell Prince

Series: Ice Cream Man (Vol. 2)
# of Pages: 128
Publication: December 18th, 2018
Source: Library E-Book
Genre: Fantasy/Horror
Goodreads | Amazon 

This critically acclaimed series of not-so-sweet singular stories continues with four more tales of woe, redemption, and unlimited toppings. Collects ICE CREAM MAN #5-8









Once again, I turned to my library for a copy of the second volume of Ice Cream Man. While I was completely and totally in love with the first volume, I didn't enjoy this volume as much. I believe that with the first volume I was okay with the ambiguity; however, I wanted more explanation from the plot in this second volume. The entire story is once again divided into several different miniature stories that attempt to explain some history of the Ice Cream Man as well as some very interesting and horrific stories related to the characters. There are even guest appearances of characters from the first volume. 

The writer attempts to give us better insight to who the Ice Cream Man is and how he attempts to alter the lives of those around him; however, I wasn't clear on his purpose. He appears to be come sort of demon but without truly knowing it's extremely hard to understand and/or decipher the meaning of the comic book. I will say that the artwork was better developed and I enjoyed it more than the first volume. The stories were also just as gritty and gruesome and I really enjoyed them. However, I just hope that with the third volume there is more insight to the purpose and development of the Ice Cream Man. 


Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment