2017 End of the Year Survey

It's New Years!! I hope everyone has had an excellent year. I definitely have had an interesting one. I decided to take a break from blogging this last month to kind of get myself and some other things in order. I already have the entire month of January posts planned out and I'll be writing them between today and tomorrow! I hope you guys enjoy. Now for the 8th annual End of Year Survey that is hosted by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner. Click on the link to find out more about this awesome survey that she has created. 
Number Of Books You Read: 200 -- I barely reached my Goodreads goal haha
Number of Re-Reads: 7
Genre You Read The Most From: I'm going to have to say fantasy and contemporary. 


1. Best Book You Read In 2017?

(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2017 release vs. backlist)

Hands down this was the best book I read in 2017. It definitely is one of my favorites of all time. 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?


I actually don't have one in this category. All of the books I was excited for I actually ended up enjoying. The books I knew absolutely nothing about were the ones that I didn't enjoy. 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  



I read this book on a whim and absolutely enjoyed it! I was not expecting it to be so amazing. I think it was because I didn't really get attached to the Throne of Glass series; however, I'll be continuing this series next year. 

 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Are you surprised? Lol well you shouldn't be. 

 5. Best series you started in 2017? Best Sequel of 2017? Best Series Ender of 2017?



These were all some amazing books this year and I'm surprised to find that all of them can fit into the category of new adult. I really enjoyed ACOTAR and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. Broken Prince is the second book in The Royals series and it was the book in which I knew I was going to fly through the series. It isn't the best written series and some of it is extremely problematic; however, I really enjoy them as a guilty pleasure. If you've followed this blog for some time then you know that I really enjoy the Addicted series by Krista and Becca Ritchie. I recently finished the last book in the Addicted series, but I still have the rest of the Calloway Sisters series. 

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2017?

Hands down it would have to be Angie Thomas. She was the epitome of AMAZING.

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?



I wasn't expecting to enjoy this book! It was amazing and it was from the genre of non-fiction which is one that I do not read that often. 

 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


This book was so good! I couldn't put it down when I read it. 

 9. Book You Read In 2017 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

Are you surprised?!? Don't be : ) 

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2017?


11. Most memorable character of 2017?

The most memorable character from this year would definitely have to be Lily and Lo from the Addicted series. I absolutely love them. They were such a great power couple and I loved that I experienced the journey of their life through that series. 

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2017?

The Hate U Give. Easily. I actually could use this book for every question on this list. 

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2017?

I could say The Hate U Give for this one as well, but I also think that American Street and Born A Crime are close contenders. 

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2017 to finally read? 


All I can say is that the hype surrounding this book is well deserved and understood. I absolutely loved this book this year and I can't believe I waited so long to read it. 

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2017?


"That's the problem. We let people say stuff, and they say it so much that it becomes okay to them and normal for us. What's the point of having a voice if you're gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn't be?" -- The Hate U Give

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2017?


The longest book was Girls coming in at 624 pages and the shortest was Brave Chef Brianna Issue #1 at 24 pages. Both were comic books. 

 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)


18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

(OTP = one true pairing if you aren’t familiar)
I did not have an OTP this year! Lol I'm not surprised I didn't really get super heavy into romances until the end of the year with Christmas right around the corner. 

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

This book was perfect in every way. I won't go into details about the relationship but you'll understand it once you read it. 

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2017 From An Author You’ve Read Previously


21. Best Book You Read In 2017 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2017?

I think I was this way last year but I don't have a favorite fictional crush haha

23. Best 2017 debut you read?

I won't even answer this question because I'm sure you guys know the answer. 

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?



25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?


This book was hilarious! I loved it and it definitely was one of the most fun reads of the year. 

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2017?


This book definitely brought me to tears. It was completely heartbreaking. 

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?


This was one of my favorite children's books of the year. 

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2017?


30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


I think that with everything that happened in the country last year, this book definitely hit home for me. 


1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2017?

There were a few blogs that I discovered including: 

  • Ana @ OwlBeReading 
  • Tina @ As Told by Tina
  • Lillian @ Mom With A Reading Problem 

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2017?

Definitely my review on The Hate U Give which you can find here

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

One of my favorite discussion post was the one that I wrote on whether audiobooks count as actual reads. I listen to a lot of audiobooks and it always bothers me when people say that they do not count. You can find the link to the discussion here

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

The best even that I attended definitely had to be YallFest where I received the opportunity to meet Angie Thomas. 

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2017?

I reached over 50 followers on Bloglovin. I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but it definitely means a lot to me. 

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

I think once I started graduate school blogging became hard, but I'm putting myself on a schedule this year that way I can actually take the time to write out my blog posts the way I want to. 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

One of my most popular post of this year was a #Friday56 meme of The Book Thief. I'm actually surprised that this was the most popular post. You can view it here

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I wish my review of Food Wars Vol. 11-13 got a little more love because it definitely is one of my favorite series of all time. You can find a link to the review here

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

None unfortunately. : ( I used all the same sites. I'm going to try and work on that this year. 

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I completed my goodreads goal of 200 books and I was a part of the manga and graphic novel challenge. I set myself up to read 52 and easily surpassed that amount. 


1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2017 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2018?



2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2018 (non-debut)?


3. 2018 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?


 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2018?

I haven't really caught up with enough series to effectively answer this question. 

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2018?

I want to be more relaxed, but I also want to be more consistent in my reading, vlogging, and blogging. I know I say this every year; however, hopefully something will stick this year. 

6. A 2018 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):

I haven't read any 2018 releases just yet. :( Soon though soon. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this survey. If you're interested in filling it out click on the link at the beginning of the post. Happy New Year! I'm excited to see what 2018 will bring for all of us readers and bloggers. 
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment