Waiting on Wednesday #6: The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This is my first time participating in this meme, but I've seen it across so may different blogs I just had to participate. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week.


Okay! So I just recently heard about this book and the amazing synopsis behind it. In fact this movie is so amazing that movie rights to it have already been sold. With the Black Lives Matter movement creating such an important stir in various parts of the nation and in our own communities, I think that this book couldn't have come at a better time. It definitely will be one of my high priority reads for 2017. 



Sixteen-year-old Starr lives in two worlds: the poor neighbourhood where she was born and raised and her posh high school in the suburbs. The uneasy balance between them is shattered when Starr is the only witness to the fatal shooting of her unarmed best friend, Khalil, by a police officer. Now what Starr says could destroy her community. It could also get her killed. Inspired by the Black Lives Matter movement, this is a powerful and gripping YA novel about one girl's struggle for justice. Movie rights have been sold to Fox, with Amandla Stenberg (The Hunger Games) to star.
Share:

7 comments:

  1. Damn this sounds great! I think that this might be a hard one to swallow, but it is obviously an important subject that needs to be heard. Great pick! Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've very much looking forward to this one! I've seen so many things about it lately and I have really high hopes for it, it seems like a timely and needed book. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely feels like it is a needed book! : ) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like an interesting read! I'll have to check it out sometime!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book since I first heard about it. It is really important for this story to be heard, also feedback is already really positive. I am so curious!

    ReplyDelete