Book Traveling Thursday #2 | Focus on Food, Cooking, or Eating

Book Traveling Thursdays 

So I found this group on Goodreads and it's about looking at different covers of a book based on the topics that are picked each week. The group his moderated by Danielle & Catia. Here's the link to the group if you're interested in checking the group out: Book Traveling Thursdays Goodreads Group

This Weeks Theme: Food, Cooking, and/or Eating 

So I definitely didn't have a hard time picking this one out. I read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert a while ago and I think I mostly read it because I really wanted to see the movie; however, I really ended up enjoying both and this book definitely has a lot of cooking and eating as she travels the world in search of finding herself. It definitely contains a great number of cultural elements that I fully enjoyed. 

Original Cover:


U.S Cover / Movie Tie-In 



My Favorite Covers 

  
Okay so the first edition that you see is in Arabic and for some reason I just really like the all white background against the image. It's simplistic, but beautiful at the same time. The second like the third cover is from Germany. The second cover is the Kindle edition that Germany put out while the third cover is the actual paperback. I think both of these covers give a warm, tropical feel to them which is exactly what Elizabeth finds in her last two destinations. 

Least Favorite Covers


The first cover is from Bulgaria and I don't understand how it ties into the book at all. The string of beads don't make sense unless I missing something from the book. The second cover is from Russia and in my personal opinion it looks like someone went on a vacation and tried to Photoshop themselves into the over all theme of the book. It just doesn't look put together at all. The last cover is from Italy and to be honest I don't know what to say about this one because I have no idea what is going on. haha : ) 

If you participate in Book Traveling Thursday let me know in comment section below so I can check out what book covers you decide to choose. 
Share:

5 comments:

  1. I think the string of beads is the same one that appears in the original cover. I'm guessing it's referring to the "pray" part. She finds a religion and starts practicing it? I don't know because I haven't read the book and I don't think I ever saw the film, at least all of it. My favorite is the third one because those warm colors are GORGEOUS. And I love the skyline ot the cities that they form. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they pretty! I think that's definitely what drew me into that cover! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I loved watching the movie, but I haven't read the book yet. Too many mixed reviews! I'm loving the movie cover though...Probably because I REALLY like the movie! ;) My BTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have some mixed reviews, but I found it to be pretty decent haha. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete