Media Monday #2

It's Monday folks! So that definitely means another Media Monday! :) Remember that I'm listening to Grammy Album of the Year winners and some nominees as well as watching all movies that have received an award for Best Picture. Let's go ahead and get started. : )




My Fair Lady was the 1964 winner of the Best Picture. It is based on George Bernard Shaw's play Pygmalion which chronicles the journey of a young lady by the name of Eliza Dolittle who takes speech lessons from a professor Henry Higgins so she can become a lady in society. The tale is humorous, heart-wrenching, and overall a family fun piece. I lovveedddd this movie. It was a re-watch for me as my father introduced me to the film when I was around 7 or 8. I have a very soft spot for musicals so this was automatically guaranteed to be enjoyable. If you haven't seen it yet I definitely would recommend it. Audrey Hepburn does an amazing job and the music is simply fantastic. 



Grammy Album of the Year: Morning Phase - Beck 

Favorite Songs
  • Morning: This song just has a sultry vibe to it. It's really relaxing and easily put my nerves at ease. 
  • Unforgiven: The bass in this song is truly unbelievable. It has this slow vibe that is almost reminiscent of reggae. 
Worst Songs
  • None 
Overall Thoughts: I thought that this album was okay. It wasn't anything special in my personal opinion. It definitely had a nice 70s vibe to it and it was really relaxing to listen to; however, I think that this album is something that you have to be in the mood for. I don't see how it won the Grammy for 2015 because I don't think the album is universal. It's good, but it definitely isn't for everyone. 



Nominee Album: In The Lonely Hour - Sam Smith 


Favorite Songs
  • I'm Not The Only One: If you have ever loved someone and they have stepped out the boundaries of your relationship then this song is for you. Just trust me on that. 
  • Like I Can: An empowering song if you've ever thought that someone chose the wrong person and the person that they should have went for was you. I've been in that spot a couple of times. 
  • Not In That Way: Just simply heart-breaking. That's the best way I know how to describe it. But at the same time I love it. 
  • Lay You Down: A plea to love some one and take care of them. I've been in this position before as well. : ) 
Worst Songs
  • Money On My Mind: I just didn't understand this song. It started on with a good beat, but then it just fell flat for me. 
  • Stay With Me: I know I'm in the unpopular opinion group with this one, but I just don't care for this song. It could be that it got too much radio time and every station played it over and over again. 
Overall Thoughts: I loveeddd this album. It is one that I definitely can relate to. It has everything from falling in love to affairs to breaking up and I absolutely adored that. To be honest I don't understand why it did not win the award for Album of the Year. It is universal and definitely reached a wide range of individuals. I think I need to go through and research the criteria that these albums are judged on. 




Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment