The Friday #56, #9 Jack of Fables: Americana by Bill Willingham

The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Join in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:


  • Grab a book, any book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader
  • Find any sentence (of a few, don't spoil it!) 

**Be sure to post the links to your Friday #56 below!

Happy Reading!!


So this week I decided to take an excerpt in the form of a photograph like I've been doing with all of my manga and graphic novels. The picture comes from the 4th volume of the Jack of Fables series which is a spin off to Bill Willingham's infamous Fables comic series. I definitely recommend this series if you are a fan of the character Jack. His sense of humor really makes this series come alive. I haven't made it to page 56 yet and I absolutely love it already. The color and the artwork are beautiful as usual. It definitely is my goal to finish the entire series (spinoff's included) this year. 


Synopsis

"Though he can never seem to hang on to the riches that fall into his lap, that doesn't stop the famous (and infamous) Jack of Fables from continuing to grab at them with both hands. Now, with the annoyingly persistent agents of his former jailer Mr. Revise still barking at his heels, Jack is on the trail of a fortune that promises to dwarf anything he's ever managed to get his mitts on before. Finding the treasure, however, means venturing into the nearly forgotten lands of Americana, home to a dizzying array of colorful characters -- as well as (naturally) one of the few figures even more dangerous than Mr. Revise!" 
Share:

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I love graphic novels, in fact, I'm reading Nimona now. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! I have Nimona too lol just need to read it now!

      Delete
  2. I really need to read the Fables series! I'm slowly making my way through these various graphic novel series that I've been meaning to get to or that I've been recently recommended!

    Glad you are enjoying this spin-off.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out and let me know what you think!

      Delete