The Friday #56, #8 Kiss the Sky by Krista & Becca Ritchie

The Friday #56 is weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Join in every Friday and share an excerpt from a book you've been reading. Here are the rules:


  • Grab a book, any book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader 
  • Find a sentence (or a few, don't spoil it!) 
  • Post it 

**Be sure to post your links to your Friday #56 below.

Happy Reading!!

So this week I decided to share an excerpt from Kiss the Sky which is a part of the Calloway Sisters series which is a spin-off to the Addicted series. I've read the first three books of the Addicted series and this book is the next book to read in chronological order. I am absolutely loving this entire series! It's the most beautifully and well-written new adult series I have ever encountered. The reality of addiction is evident in the words of the main characters. Although the first three books take place in one couple's perspective, Kiss the Sky is from the POV of another couple that I just happen to love. 

"I've never had the urge to try out cocaine. And if someone peer pressured me, I'd say no, no, No. I really have no problem looking like the stuck-up prude in the room who refuses to blow a line with her friends. Hate me all you want. I'm not the one running around naked with dilated pupils." 

 What's interesting is that I'm only 15% into this book on my Kindle so I have no idea what's going on in this scene, but I do believe it must be wonderful considering how the rest of the books have gone. I cannot wait to get further into this and figure out what's going on.

Synopsis

Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass...Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared. Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she's a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy. After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have life filmed fora reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she's forced to make nice with a man who always has his way. Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He's confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted---Rose's virginity. This New Adult Romance can be described as Friends meets  The Real World. Expect fist fights, drugs, sex of varying degrees, crude humor and competitive alpha males. Definitely for mature readers audiences only.
Share:

8 comments:

  1. I've never read the Addicted series, but this one sounds like quite the wild ride. Addiction and reality tv rarely mix well. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you so much! I'm loving it right now.

      Delete
  2. Would you say the Addicted series is addicting? Haha. Seems like an interesting concept. I don't know if it's up my alley. Enjoy the book and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I would definitely say that it's addicting! Thanks for stopping by as well!

      Delete
  3. I had to laugh. Not everyone has to get naked when their high.
    Sounds like a good read.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not my go-to genre, but I'm glad you're enjoying it! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete