Top 10 Tuesday: Favorite Graphic Novels

It's Tuesday! So you know that means another Top 10 Tuesday  hosted . This week's topic is considered to be a freebie which means that we can pick any topic of our choice. This week I decided to do my top 10 favorite graphic novels/comics. If there are any comics and/or graphic novels that you love be sure to leave your comments below.




  • First on the list we have the Chew series. I discovered this series last year across booktube and I haven't been able to put it down since. The series focuses on Tony Chu a detective/police officer who can tell someone the origin of anything once he eats it including the origin of murders (yes he has to occasionally taste human flesh). It's a truly captivating series that I cannot put down!


  • Another series I discovered last year is the Wicked + the Divine Series. If you love mythology then I would definitely check this out since it incorporates mythology from all different backgrounds. It does contain some gore and violence; however, it has a great story line with wonderful graphics. 








  • There was no way I could create this list without the world of Fables. This series is hugeeeee with about three to four spin-offs. If you like fairy-tale re-tellings I would definitely recommend picking up this series. 


  • Everyone is fully aware of this series; however, it definitely was on of my favorites of 2015. I devoured theses books within hours after purchasing. The artwork is truly spectacular and it gives such a new and refreshing twist to science-fiction. 






  • Lumberjanes is such a cute series that focuses on the power of female friendship. I absolutely adore all the characters and would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a graphic novel and/or comic that is on the lighter side. 

  • If you love anything that is themed around a post-apocalypse I would recommend Y: The Last Man. The main character and his pet monkey are the only two individuals left in the entire world with a Y chromosome meaning they are the last men on earth. This book has humor, adventure, and action. Definitely check it out if you're interested in how the last man survives on an earth full of women!  









  • If you like anything related to Gotham city and you enjoy a boarding school setting I definitely would recommend check out this series. I flew through the first trade paperback and cannot wait for the next one to be released. 






  • Horror, gore, and violence are the best words I can use to descrive the Locke & Key series by Joe Hill. Imagine having hundreds of keys that can do all types of things besides unlocking doors. I was completely absorbed in this series the first time I picked it up. I'm currently on the 5th trade paperback volume and will be so sad to see the series come to a close. 

  • One of my more recent discoveries in the comic world is Morning Glories. If you love supernatural things tied into a boarding school setting I would definitely recommend this series. I've only finished 2 of the trade paperbacks so this is still fairly new to me; however, I'm loving what I read so far.



  • Last, but not least is the Zodiac Starforce series. It was one of my favorite discoveries of 2015. There are only 3 issues currently out so if you love female friendships and supernatural creatures/beings I would definitely check this out. I cannot wait for issue #4 to come out next month! 


Share:

7 comments:

  1. I've heard the Saga series is awesome, but I haven't read it yet.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-10-favorite-indie.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only started reading graphic novels last year, but I've heard of or enjoyed most of the ones on your list already! 'Gotham Academy' was the first graphic novel I read full stop, and it really did get me hooked - the art style is just adorable but the story is brilliant too.
    Fabulous list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait until they come out with volume 2!

      Delete
  3. I have seen good things about Lumberjanes, though I do not read these, I hope you enjoy!!

    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday3.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never read a graphic novel! I'm holding my head in shame, but hopefully I'll read some this year. I've heard some great things about both Saga and The Lumberjanes. I'll definitely be looking back at this through the year for some recommendations!

    Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely look at your blog for some Manga recommendations so you can definitely come to mine for comic/graphic novel recommendations. lol

      Delete