The Friday #56, #4 Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

The Friday #56 is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice. Join in every Friday and share an excerpt from the book you've been reading. Here are the rules:

  • Grab a book, any book 
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader 
  • Find any sentence (or a few, don't spoil it) that grab you
  • Post it
**Be sure to post the link to your Friday 56 in the comments below. 

Happy Reading 

So this week I decided to choose an excerpt from Scarlet which is the second book of the Lunar Chronicles. Yes, I am extremely late in jumping on the bandwagon associated with this series; however, I usually have a tendency to start a series once all the hype of the novel has calmed down. Keep reading to see the quote I have chosen for this week's Friday 56. 

"Twice she stopped to listen, thinking she heard footsteps somewhere below. Would there be a alarm when their escape was discovered?" 

I cannot wait to finish this book. I liked Cinder, but I'm really liking the addition of Scarlet to this book. She adds a certain level of fierceness that I cannot get over.

Synopsis:

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She is trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information about her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but s inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.
Share:

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book and this series! Getting ready to read Winter now:)

    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/18/the-friday-56-89-murder-and-other-unnatural-disasters/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series. Seriously. Winter is the best of them all. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lunar Chronicles is such a fun series. There are some faults, but it's still so good! Scarlet is my least favorite of the series, but I still gave it five stars. :) I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series! I can't wait to read Winter!


    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings), my Top Ten Tuesday, and my current giveaway.

    ReplyDelete