6 Series I Want to Start in 2016

So I've actually been thinking about doing this post for a while and it really surprised me on how many series I own but have not actually started reading. Read below for all the series I want to start and maybe (yes I said maybe haha) finish.

The first series I'm most interested in finishing is the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. I've read his books about Roman and Greek mythology and I'm really interested in started his series focused on Egyptian mythology. I noticed that this is not as well known as the other series, but I really want to give it a try before I start his series on Norse mythology.





The next series I'm interested in starting is the Vampire Academy series. Yes, I do know I'm the last person on Earth to read this series, but I just haven't had the time to read it this year. Hopefully with the upcoming year I can truly dedicate the time and effort needed to complete this series.




Yesssss, another Richelle Mead series, the Georgina Kincaid series. I have heard absolutely nothing but great things about this series. It focuses solely on a succubus and I don't think I've ever read anything about a succubus before. I'm having a heard time deciding whether I want to read this series or the Vampire Academy series first.




Okay so I don't really count this as a series. It's more of I just want to immerse myself in her world. Robin Hobb has exploded lately on Booktube and I'm really interested in check out her works. I've read quite a bit of YA Fantasy, but know I'm really interested in checking out some adult fantasy. 




So the Kate Daniels series by Illona Andrews will be the perfect beginning to my journey of experimenting with urban fantasy. I've never read anything associated with urban fantasy and I've heard nothing, but great things about this series so I can't wait to try it out!


Yay for another urban fantasy. Once again I have nothing, but great things about the Mercy Thompson series so I'm really looking forward to reading it. I mean who doesn't love werewolves. I know I've never read a book centered around werewolves and shape-shifters; however, just thinking about this series gets me excited.

Okay so I know everyoneeee has read this series and Brandon Sanderson is currently writing the second trilogy to this series; however, I'm really looking forward to reading these books. Of course everything Brandon Sanderson writes is golden.






Share:

6 comments:

  1. Yes! Mistborn is so good!! But they're a long read so be prepared for that! Great picks! I nominated you for the One Lovely Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read the Mistborn series! And thank you so much. That's so sweet of you. :)

      Delete
  2. You are not the only one, I haven't read Mistborn either! I have the first book on my shelf because everyone raves about it. Hopefully I can also get to it this next year. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want to sometime next year we can definitely buddy read it!

      Delete
  3. I'm planning on finishing The Vampire Academy series in 2016! Then again, I said that for this year and it didn't happen. I want to finish the Kane Chronicles as well, but it has been so long since I read the first two books I feel like I'd need to read them all. I really need to read Brandon Sanderson! I still haven't yet. Great list! :) I'll be sure to check some of these series out.

    ReplyDelete