2016 Reading Goals/Challenges

With January 1st around the corner I decided to go ahead and establish my 2016 Reading Goals and Challenges. Some of these will be hosted by other bloggers while some will be more self imposed. Keep reading to find out what expectations and goals I will set for myself as we come very close to the new year.

Challenge #1: Pop Sugar Challenge


I did not really know much about the Pop Sugar Challenge until I heard about it from a fellow booktuber. It is my hope that by the end of next year I will have accomplished all the challenges set forth on the list above! 

Challenge #2: Finishing the Series

The next challenge I will be partaking in is the finishing the series challenge hosted by Bea's Book Nook. The purpose of this challenge is to finish series in the year of 2016. If you want to find out more information about what qualifies as a series be sure to check out the linked page above. I'm going for the level of experienced in which I will commit to reading 3 to 6 series. Here are the series I am looking forward to completing:

  • The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
  • The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
  • The Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan 
  • Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
  • The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo 
  • Dorothy Must Die Trilogy by Danielle Paige 

Challenge #3: Around the World Reading
This challenge is something that I wanted to complete on my own. I thought about my reading this year and I realized that it was not by any means diverse. So I decided to take on the challenge of reading books from authors all around the world essentially a book from every country in the world. Unfortunately I do not anticipate completing this challenge in a year; however, it is one that I wanted to start in 2016. To keep track of my progress I will be using Google Maps where I will pin point each country and describe the book that I have read and provide a review. Check out the map below: 








Challenge 4: Personal Reading/Blogging/Video Challenges

Here are a list of personal challenges that I want to complete in the year of 2016:

  • 75 Books on Goodreads
  • Booktube Recommends Project: I got 12 booktubers to recommend some of their favorite books to me. A book to read each month. I'll talk about this a little bit more in an additional post. 
  • Read 12 Classics
  • Post 2-3 Booktube Videos a week. 
  • Write 2-3 Blog Posts a Week 
  • Review at least 40% of the books I read.

Okay guys those are my goals! Have you set any goals for this upcoming year? Let me know in the comment box below. 
Share:

6 comments:

  1. I'm taking the 50 Book Pledge hosted by Harper Collins! I've been doing it for the last 3 years and really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I haven't heard of that before. I may need to check that out for future reading years.

      Delete
  2. The Pop Sugar Challenge looks like it could be really fun. I saw it a lot this past year. Around the World Reading sounds like a wonderful endeavor. I think we sometimes forget how big the world really is. I really want to read more classics this year as well. Good luck on all of your challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! If you ever want to buddy read a classic or two just let me know!

      Delete
  3. The Booktube Recommends Project sounds really interesting - definitely intrigued to learn more when you post it! I'm going to be aiming for 12 classics this year as well! I didn't do so well at that last year but I am determined this year! Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on all your goals and challenges for the year. I was already considering the Pop Sugar Challenge but I decided to do the other 2 as well after seeing your post.

    ReplyDelete