Top 10 Tuesday: Most Surprising Books (In A Bad Way)

Happy Tuesday everyone! That means it's another Top Ten Tuesday! I hope everyone has been enjoying the week so far. It's cold and rainy here so I've just been dying for my bed and some good movies. Top 10 Tuesday is now hosted by Jana @ The Artsy Reader  and this weeks theme is our "most surprising books" which can either be good or bad. I went with bad and will be discussing 10 books that I thought was going to enjoy, but ended up finding horrible.



An Ember in the Ashes: So this book and I have a love hate relationship. More hate than love actually haha. I don't know what it was, but I thought I was going to love this book, but it took me forever to read and I was just frustrated with the characters and the plot. Believe it or not I still am going to give the second book a try. Drawn: I have nothing good to say about this book. I wanted a great new adult romance and I got complete trash. Romancer: I thought this was going to be great because I had the single issues, but it was awful.


Return to Wonderland: This is a trash comic book and I gave up on the series because the women in this series are objectified too much for my liking. Snotgirl: I had high hopes for this comic, but it was confusing and disgusting and not in a good way. I'm still going to read the second volume in hopes of giving it a second chance. The Swap: THE WORST children's book known to mankind. I HATED this book. I thought it would be cute; however, I found the discussion of gender to be deplorable. It was awful. Never again.



Westminster Abby: So I thought I would like this novel because it would be a cute revisit to my childhood. I was incredibly wrong and incredibly bored. I don't think I'll read anymore in this series. Yellow Brick War: This book was a huge disappointment of the series. If you ask anyone then you'll know that I love the premise of this series; however, this book failed to meet my expectations. Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe: This is book. I can't even. So click below to watch my brutal analysis of this huge disappointment of a book:


The Secrets We Keep: I thought maybe the premise of this book would make for an interesting story, BUT I was so wrong. This book was awful. I didn't like it at all. If you want to know more check out my review here.

What books were most surprising to you in a good or bad way?
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment