Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Things That Instantly Make Me Want to Read A Book

Happy Tuesday everyone! Today is the second day of the week so that means I am back with another Top 10 Tuesday hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish. This was definitely a difficult topic for me not in the sense that I couldn't answer it, but it was really difficult focusing in on specific elements. Nevertheless, I somehow managed to come up with 10 : ) so without further ado keep reading to find out what 10 elements instantly make me want to read a book.



#ownvoices 
1. #OwnVoices: I'm a sucker for this movement. I've definitely been trying to push myself to focus on more books that are #ownvoices and so far I've been doing a great job of it. There's something about reading characters written by authors who have experienced the same thing.

2. Beautiful Cover: Oh boy haha I mean who doesn't want to instantly read a book with a beautiful cover. I truly believe that publishing companies are learning how to market these books in a way that captures the human eye.
Beautiful Cover

3. Historical Fiction: As a history major in college, this element defines my interest as a person. I absolutely love historical fiction as well as those      books that have a historical setting.

Historical Fiction
4. Great Female Lead: There are some great books out there with great female characters; however, I love reading books that have KICK BUTT female as the lead. As soon as I read that I am destined to pick the book up and read it as soon as possible.

5. International Authors: I love reading out of my comfort zone and that definitely means reading a lot of translated works or works from authors that are not from the United States.

Comic Book
6. Comic Book/Manga: If it's a comic book or manga I'm probably destined to read it at some point in my life. I just love the ease and simplicity associated with each genre.

7. Award Winners: I included this element not because I think award winning books are superior to other books, but because award winning books have a tendency to spark my curiosity. They are liked and well awarded for some reason and most of the time I want to know why.

Mythology 
8. Mythology: Have I ever told you guys how much I love mythology. If you didn't know, just check out how many books I've read by Rick Riordan : )

9. Re-Tellings: I love re-tellings. Like really love them and it took me a while to discover my fondness for them; however, I am glad that I did. So no if you tell me that a book is re-telling I more than likely will read it.

Pop Culture 
10. Books That Incorporate Pop Culture: There are a few of these out in the world and I need to get my hands on them all. I love being able to read a book and identify tid bits of pop culture in them!
Share:

2 comments:

  1. I have so much agreement with so many of your choices! I am definitely drawn to #ownvoices books, as well as historical fiction and mythology! International authors are also so much fun to explore, they always seem to bring something new to the table. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete