Top 10 Tuesday: Books To Pull You Out a Reading Slump


Happy Tuesday Everyone! That means that today is a day for Top 10 Tuesday hosted by Jana at the Artsy Reader Girl. Today we're supposed to discuss books that'll pull you out of a reading slump. I thought I was going to have trouble with this topic but surprisingly I didn't. Let's go ahead and get started! 




Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. This is definitely an obvious choice for the list considering that I know that anytime that I’ve been in a reading slump, picking up one of these books has always helped. It’s nostalgic for me and reminds me of how much these books got me through my childhood. Food Wars by Yuto Tsukuda. This is one is fairly new considering the fact that I just started reading it a couple of years ago; however, I have found that this has quickly become one of my go to manga’s whenever I’m in a reading slump and I need something interesting to pick up. I don’t know too many other people who read these books; however, they should definitely be read more widely. If you love food then these are the books for you. Nana by Ai Yazawa. I fell in love with this series after watching the anime. I think I was struggling a bit with understanding how to choose anime and manga and I naturally just ran to the manga of an anime that I knew I loved. I’m happy I did. It is completely amazing and I’m so heartbroken that it’s only 22 volumes because the author went on a hiatus.


Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan. I’m a HUGE fan of mythology. I don’t know exactly when I became interested, but I do know that once I picked up a Rick Riordan and started joining Percy in all of his adventures, I just couldn’t stop reading them and I know that whenever I’m in a reading slump I can just pick up one of his books. The Diviners by Libba Bray. The audiobooks for this series are amazing! I literally cannot get enough of them. If you’re in a reading slump these books can appear to be intimidating, but trust me they are amazing and well worth a listen. Fables by Bill Willingham. This is one of the most iconic comic book series to me. It’s a long and expansive world, but I love that it takes classical tales and flips them on their head. I run to these volumes whenever I’m in a reading slump. 



Giant Days by John Allison. These comics are phenomenal especially for those that like “slice of life” comics/manga. I usually get into a reading slump when I’ve hit a low and I’m depressed so reading something like this with a bright storyline and bright artwork helps me get past whatever I may be experiencing in my personal life. To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han. Jenny Han has easily become one of my favorite contemporary writers. I know that a lot of hype is currently surrounding her first book in the To All the Boys I Loved Before trilogy; however, just know that it is worth all of the hype. This book is more of a comfort read than a reading slump read for me. I included it because this book brought me back when I was feeling emotionally slumpy. It gave me hope for friendship, family, and love. Whatever After by Sarah Mlynowski. There isn’t much for me to say about this series except that it’s fun and light and is a great children’s book series to read if you’ve been reading books that are a little lengthy. 


Addicted Series by Becca & Krista Ritchie. This series had a little bit of everything for me. Once again it was there for me when I was going through a really rough time in my life. I instantly fell in love with the series and still continue to read them today. 

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment