Can't Wait Wednesday #27, Tyler Johnson Was Here by Jay Coles


Can't Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Tressa over at Wishful Endings She has taken on a similar meme to Jills Waiting on Wednesday over at Breaking the Spine. Since Jill hasn't posted in a while I'm going to join in on this meme. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week.


Series: N/A
# of Pages: 304
Publication: March 20th, 2018
Goodreads | Amazon 

When Marvin Johnson's twin, Tyler, goes to a party, Marvin decides to tag along to keep an eye on his brother. But what starts as harmless fun turns into a shooting, followed by a police raid. The next day, Tyler has gone missing, and it's up to Marvin to find him. But when Tyler is found dead, a video leaked online tells an even more chilling story: Tyler has been shot and killed by a police officer. Terrified as his mother unravels and mourning a brother who is now a hashtag, Marvin must learn what justice and freedom really mean.




The first time I heard about this book was at YallFest last year and I was hesitant about another BLM/police brutality book being published. However, I'm still excited for the publication of this book because I felt the same way about Dear Martin and I absolutely loved that book. These books are important, yet I don't want them to become a trend. I think it will be great to get another book from the perspective of a young black teen that has to deal with the chilling effects of gun violence.

What are you waiting for this Wednesday?
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment