Top 10 Tuesday: Mother's In Literature



Hey everybody! It's Tuesday so that means another Top 10 Tuesday for me hosted by the ladies over at the Broke and the Bookish! I've been on a brief hiatus taking a break from blogging; however, I'm back and and I'm happy to start my return with a Top 10 Tuesday! Mothers Day just passed so today I'll be looking at the top 10 mother's in literature. Sit back and enjoy.




1. Percy Jackson: Although his mother doesn't play a huge role in the "second set" of the series I really enjoyed the appearances that she did make originally. She was kind and compassionate. 2. Harry Potter: There's no way I could have made this list without including Mrs. Weasley. She was completed amazing and great to all of her kids including Harry and Hermione. 3. Persepolis: If you haven't read this you need to pick it up. All of the mothers in this book are hilarious and give the reader an interesting insight to Iranian culture.


4. TMI: Although I'm not a fan of these books or Clary, I really do enjoy and appreciate her mom. I think she is sweet, kind, and compassionate. 5. The Secret of Dreadwillow Carse: This one is a little interesting because you don't see a whole lot of the mother in  this book; however, in the parts where she is present she makes one hell of an impression. 6. The War That Saved My Life: It wasn't her mother, but her caretaker that took on the role of a mother that spoke to my heart.



7. Sailor Moon: Usagi's mom is probably just as funny as her. 8. The Hate U Give: First of all if you haven't read this book you're definitely missing out; however, the mother in this book was simply amazing. She was supportive and endearing. 9. Homegoing: Just the wathcing the process of the mothers in this book develop was very rewarding.

10. Aya: Aya's mom was incredibly strong especially during a time when a lot of men were still expecting women to take a back seat to them.

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment