Waiting on Wednesday #4 : Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Illustrated)


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. This is my first time participating in this meme, but I've seen it across so may different blogs I just had to participate. To participate all you have to do is spotlight upcoming publications you're eagerly anticipating. Keep reading to see what I have chosen for this week.


Of course I'm a big fan of Harry Potter so I definitely was going to get excited about the new illustrated version of the book coming out. I can't wait to see and purchase a copy to add to my collection. It's almost like I collect Harry Potter books because I have so many different editions. So this definitely will be one to add soon. : ) 


Expected Publication: October 4, 2016
# of Pages: 272
PublisherArthur A. Levine Books


The Dursleys were so mean and hideous that summer that all Harry Potter wanted was to get back to the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he's packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike.

And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockhart, a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls' bathroom, and the unwanted attentions of Ron Weasley's younger sister, Ginny.

But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone -- or something -- starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects... Harry Potter himself?


Share:

5 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm so excited for this illustrated one as well! Sorceror's Stone was absolutely gorgeous and I am definitely a fan of these new illustrated editoins. I also seem to be collecting way too may of the various editions of Harry Potter.. but what else can you do when they are all so gorgeous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's exactly my reason for purchasing so many copies! They are gorgeous! : )

      Delete
  2. I'm a huge fan of these illustrated books. They are so vibrant and appealing to the eyes! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want this book so bad. I'm going to try to wait it out a little because of all the discount coupons that make their way to us in November and December, but if I see it in the store, I might have to just give in. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO excited for this one. I love that these editions are coming out - the illustrations are just beautiful.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete