Top 10 Tuesday: Books Set In A Boarding School



So it's Tuesday which means it's time for another Top 10 Tuesday hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish. This week is focused on a topic where bloggers could choose to highlight 10 books in a particular setting. I chose to focus on boarding school. Keep reading to see what I chose!! : ) 



Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: This list would not be complete without Harry Potter. It has boarding schools & MAGIC. I mean come on who wouldn't want to go to a magical boarding school. 










A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro: This is definitely for individuals who are fans of Sherlock Holmes. Murder, mystery, and suspense all at a boarding school. 













Morning Glories: This is probably one of the most twisted boarding school stories I've ever read. It's creepy, but also unique and it definitely was fun to read. 













The School for Good & Evil by Soman Chainani: What I think I loved most about this book was not only that it takes place at a boarding school, but also the fact that nothing is what it seems. And when I say nothing I mean absolutely nothing. 











Gemma Doyle Trilogy by Libba Bray: If you know anything about Libba Bray you know that she has this tendency to write AMAZING stories. So I definitely had to check this series out. It not only takes place at a boarding school but it also has some mystical/paranormal elements as well. 












Covenant Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Two words: mythology & boarding school. That's all I'm going to say. 














Gotham Academy: If you're a fan of anything related to Gotham City I would definitely recommend checking this series out. It takes place at a boarding school and it pays a lot of homage to the original city in which Batman fought most of his crime! : ) 












Looking for Alaska by John Green: This isn't my favorite John Green book, but it contains a boarding school element and definitely has some unexpected twists and turns. 












Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins: This is the series where I fell in love with Rachel Hawkins. It's a paranormal book that takes at a boarding school and contains so many different elements that you as a reader do not see coming. I highly recommend this series. 












The Private Series by Kate Brian: I will start by saying this isn't the best written series, but it was my guilty pleasure growing up and I loved the boarding school elements. 
Share:

8 comments:

  1. Great picks this week! A Study in Charlotte sounds so great; it's been on my TBR for a while now. I'm reading Pure right now and really liking it. Personally, I am enjoying myself more than I was reading Half-Blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure is definitely better than Half-Blood. Let me know when you get to the third book if you want to do a buddy read.

      Delete
  2. I actually picked up The School for Good and Evil as an impulse buy last month and I'm excited to get into it! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! It is a great series. : )

      Delete
  3. A Study in Charlotte looks great! I haven't been very interested in it, but it keeps on popping up on blogs I love, so maybe I'll just have to check it out :D

    - Eli @ The Silver Words
    #commenting365

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your writing has impressed me. It’s simple, clear and precise. I will definitely recommend you to my friends and family. Regards and good luck
    College Consulting Dallas

    ReplyDelete